Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Beware of clogged pipes! Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  4:33:21 PM  Show Profile
I just came from a popular discount chain store. I bought some Drain-O. The checker asked to see my driver's license. Then she scanned it. Apparently this is now the law. Seems drain openers can be used to make meth. Huh? I guess I must be naive. What is this world coming to? Next we'll be checked for ID's to buy peanuts (after all, someone you know might be allergic). This all just seems so silly. And it's a violation of privacy. I'll start making my own drain opener (the vinegar-baking soda does not work on my bathtub drain). Anyone know any good recipes?
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  6:18:17 PM  Show Profile
I've used alka-seltzer to unclog drains. I broke the tablets up in pieces, then put them in the drain, I added enough water to dissolve them, then let them sit for 15-30 minutes before running hot water to clear the drain. This has worked several times for me. Good luck finding methods that will work for you.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Cindy! You are so right! That's ridiculous! I wonder how many Drain-O customers across this great nation of ours are actually making meth with it. For Heaven's sake! If it's THAT bad, why don't they just ban Drain-O altogether!? Sheesh... The lunacy of it all. I have much to say on the subject, but will spare you the rant.

Dawn's got the right idea - I'd try the Alka-Seltzer and see what happens. If that doesn't work, you should be able to rent a snake from a local hardware store. That should definitely do the job, and you won't have to worry about any chemicals burning holes through your pipes, either! :)

Good luck, sister!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  05:17:04 AM  Show Profile
My fork made me fat

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  3:53:56 PM  Show Profile
They also card for purchasing cough syrup, antihistamines for the same reason. Who'd a thunk (it's a maine saying)?

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3931 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3931 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  9:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Drug users are a crafty bunch. (pardon the pun)

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Beware of clogged pipes! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page