Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Can we have a "Crafting Room"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Can we have a "Crafting Room" Next Topic  

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  7:18:56 PM  Show Profile
To the powers that be:

I made mention that is would be nice to have a CRAFTING ROOM on the board and just noticed that someone else said the same. Is this possible?

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  7:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh how nice tht would be.

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  05:57:42 AM  Show Profile
Brilliant idea.....may even need a separate Apron sub-category
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  09:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I thought between the stitching room holidays and across the fence we already had that. I know we have a lot of forums that don't get used much and it is time consuming at the farm to maintain them so to add another isn't as easy as it sounds it is server space and maintance. Would be neat but there are alot of things behind the scenes you aren't seeeing. My husband years ago ran About.com servers want to talk about people not seeing what happens on the other side of the computer. A lot of up in the middle of the night/ and weekends because a pager said a server went down. Might be good to try and figure out which crafts will fit on which forums that are already up and running and have a following for now. Or start a topic under stitching room entitled our other crafts like how ther is one by frannie for her stuff, one by me for mine, and a few on aprons. Just start a sub-topic on it instead of a forum.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com

Edited by - sunshine on Nov 05 2006 09:32:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  4:12:55 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like there is quite a bit of interest in a "Crafting Room" forum! How fun!!! When I chat with Carol tomorrow I'll ask her what we can do... In the meanwhile, starting a topic in an existing forum will be the way to go - but I'll have more information for you soon!!!

Thanks for the great ideas!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  1:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!
Since we already have many craft topics under our "Stitching Room" forum, we decided it would just be best to change the title of that forum to "Stitching & Crafting Room" and then you can just make new topics in that category for different crafts. That will help us avoid moving all the craft entries from that forum into a new one. (Not moving them would mean that there were crafting ideas in two different places, and we feel that makes relevant topics too hard to find.) Hope this works for you all!
Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Carol!!!! That is a GREAT idea! Thanks so much for doing this! Crafting and Stitching go PERFECT together!!!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Can we have a "Crafting Room" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page