Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Janíce
AR
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  3:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie!

I used to live in Anchorage when I was a kid; now am in Arkansas. You would not believe (or maybe you would) how much mail and packages we get addressed to someone in Alaska (I also lived in AZ, so I know my "A" states - please, world, learn your mailing codes. )
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  11:58:59 PM  Show Profile
That's funny Janice, I never thought of that happening! My grandmother was born in Dover Arkansas.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  03:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I too learned to keep receipts and look at them before leaving the PO. Sent a package to my daughter, an hour and a half away, that took two weeks to get there. My fault-wrong zip, but you would think it would have been returned to me sooner. Needless to say the chocolate melted.

Fun times ahead,

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  1:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to Jami from TX!
Your "Farm Chicks Rule the Roost" piece was perfect for me! My new batch of peeps arrived Thursday the 24th and your art came on Saturday. I love it - sweet, cheerful and really cute! Thank you so much!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on May 01 2014 09:18:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  1:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Audra Rose - I mailed to you on Saturday, it should be to you very soon. :)

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  9:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Staci,

sooooo glad ya liked it !!!
I assumed if I had you to send to......you'd send to me.........then I saw your msg to Audra and now I have no idea who has me !!!!!

Im so glad ya liked it. Thanx for lettin me know

Jami

Farmgirl Sister # 5876
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  10:34:59 PM  Show Profile
You really aren't suppose to know who has you. It is suppose to
be a surprise in your mail box. (+:

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2014 :  09:35:12 AM  Show Profile
Hello Mail Artists! It's the last day of April, so your Mail Art should be on its way to your partner now. If you do not receive Mail Art from a partner by May 15, please let me know :) I hope you're being inspired by spring, wherever you reside.

Kristine
Farmgirl Sister #4314

Not all who wander are lost.
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  06:31:46 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn (Edlund33) - I received my beautiful mail art yesterday. What a lovely bookmark with tatted butterflies. The details are amazing. I love to read and this bookmark with perk me up everytime I see it. Thank you so much!

Blessings,
Kristi

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1504 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  06:37:54 AM  Show Profile
I,m glad you are enjoying the book mark Kristi!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I got your mail art. Thank you. Love the ATCs. I can't wait to try the tea. yay!
Marilyn, I sent yours out today. Hope you like it. :)

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  12:05:08 PM  Show Profile

Look at the Adorable Mail Art Vanessa sent me for April!!!!
I JUST LOVE IT!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!
I will enjoy this for years to come!!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  7:01:46 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn,

ooooooh ! PeggyAnn, you sneaky lil wabbit, you ! Tell me it's to be a surprise who my partner is and was you all along :-)

OMGoodness Goodness Goodness............I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!!!!!
I am so glad ya did something different :-)
I will have to post a pic soon so ALL THE GIRLS can see your Masterpiece. I Love the denim and pearls hanging wall pocket. Pearls just so happen to be my favorite besides Sapphires ! and I am definitely a denim gal ! I also loved the notepads and pen inside the pocket and the idea to hang flowers later. The butterfly notecard was beautiful as well. I have my very first grandbaby and I do butterflies for her :-) I really cannot say thank you enough. I have already showed it off to five people today !!!!!! I so love it.
God Bless and Texas size Farmgirl Hugs
Jami - - - #5876 HunnysHen

.......P.S............just checked out your blog too............very nice. I think I may just have to check out the book Wildflowers in Winter now :-) Have a great day !
Farmgirl Sister # 5876

Edited by - HunnysHen on May 02 2014 7:17:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  6:31:17 PM  Show Profile

This is the Denim Wall Pocket that I made for Jami. I took a picture of it ...so,
am posting it for her. ~Glad that you liked it Jami. Only about once or twice a year
do I do something different than Paper Crafting for Mail Art.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

MargoR
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Margo
Hurst TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  9:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Rachael in New Brighton, PA sent me the best tag art!
Love the envelope too. Thank you sister farmgirl! Glad spring has arrived where you are. I fear summer isn't too far away for us in Texas. Already in the 90's!

Margo Rudder
farm girl sister #1290
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3108 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3108 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  08:04:47 AM  Show Profile
Glad you like the ATC's RoDonna. I had a lot of fun making them!!

Peggy, That little pocket is adorable. What a great use for all the jeans I have with too many holes to wear!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  09:10:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh Margo Thank you so much my sweet sister for my beautiful MailArt. It is a vintage lady dressed in blue with a feather hat, and the rest of it is blue and white ribbons. I just love it. I've seen anything like this. Wonderful. And a bag of Chocolate covered Pomagranetes. Yum! Them are so good. Margo, Thank you for making
a wonderful treasure. Giving you a BIG HUG!!!!!!!
Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  09:26:15 AM  Show Profile
Heather...I just leave about 1/4 raw edge to 1/2 around the pockets and then hot glue
two pockets back to back. Some gals sew them on their machines but I don't sew. Then
even though I use decorative pockets...I still embellish them more. They are a great
way to up-cycle and make a cute gift...rather quickly. I have also thought that you
could use a Large piece of Heavy Denim for the back (approx. 11x16) and then hot glue
or sew lots of pockets (6-8) on the plain piece of Denim and have a handy but classy
Hanger for your bathroom to hold, hair brushes, make up brushes, curling iron, etc etc.

Try making just a Wall Pocket to start with and you will be hooked.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 07 2014 12:24:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

pariscreekfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Corri
Paris MI
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  05:55:18 AM  Show Profile

Thank you for all the goodies, Jan!!! The picture is beautiful, I LOVE coneflowers and have been known to wear a bandana here and there. :) Like you, my life is also filled with animals as I worked at a vet for 10 years. In about 10 days it will be two years that I have been able to be a stay at home mom and live my dream of making jewelry, taking care of my animals and gardening. Happy spring to you too and thanks again!!! :)
Go to Top of Page

pariscreekfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Corri
Paris MI
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  05:56:24 AM  Show Profile
And sorry my pictures are always sideways! I don't know how to rotate them on here!
Go to Top of Page

GibsonGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Diana
Cottage Grove Oregon
USA
90 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  3:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Pennie Still:
Your is on it's way! I'm so sorry that I forgot, we had a bit of a family emergency and I plum forgot. Please forgive me and enjoy what you will hopefully "soon" be receiving!
Diana Gibson Sister chick in Oregon

Living life in a Grove-y way!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1504 Posts

Posted - May 10 2014 :  5:28:58 PM  Show Profile

I received an adorable spring showers wall hanging from RoDonna today! It's hard to see in the pic but it says flower showers under the raindrops on either side of the umbrella handle. I just love it!and the raspberry tea hit the spot this afternoon.... it is cool and rainy today so it was a warm and welcome treat when I came home from a walk and found your package in the mailbox.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on May 10 2014 5:33:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee!!

Just wanted to thank you for the outstanding mail - just loved it!!
Some of the items included a beautiful bottle for olive oil, wonderful smelling soap, pen for journaling my trips :-) , fun bunny pen, scrapbook embellishments(Yes! I scrapbook!), post card and more... Took pic on my phone but can't post it, sorry.

I am so late in posting. Been out of town on a camp out . Made a quilt in two weeks for Pops 90th birthday. Prepared for a month long camp out (we're half time RVers and this is an active year for us. So glad my cousin house and cat sits while DH and I are gadding about)
However this has made mail art a challenge.

We've been aggressively trying to avoid the western storm that blew through this weekend. Sorry for not posting sooner!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you like it my sister. But Oh my goodness you are one busy gal. Wow you made a quilt in two weeks. Awesome. I wish I knew how I want to learn. The campout sounds so good. But so glad you got the MailART. Have fun!!!!!Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  10:28:11 AM  Show Profile
Jenn09 - Jennfer - Did you receive your April mail art? The tracking number indicates it was delivered on 05/05/14 and I want to make sure that it made it to you in one piece.

Thanks,
Kristi

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic April Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page