HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  03:56:21 AM  Show Profile
It's been a long time since I have posted on here, many things that are time consuming and life changing has been happening. I need a break from it all, and to connect to my farmgirls again. I would like to do a paperback book and comfort package swap. The rules are simple, one of your favorite paperback books (new or used), and 4 other comfort items to snuggle up with while we are still in the grips of winter, chocolate, cocoa, slippers, tea,book marker, use your imagination. What would you like in your package? Signups end Feb. 16th, mail out by Feb. 28th. If we have enough signups we will do this. Any questions just let me know. Thanks your farmgirl friend Tiana

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Edited by - HodgeLodge on Feb 16 2014 1:46:23 PM

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  07:08:54 AM  Show Profile
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.
Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926), The Happy Life, 1896

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  10:32:59 AM  Show Profile
I would love to do this if enough sign up for it. I love to read Christian fiction, romance, and mystery books. Also, old Gothics written before 1975. They are getting quite difficult to find though.

Lavender Rose

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  10:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Lavender Rose, thank you so much for signing up. I hope we get enough, if not its you and me girl. I look forward to my first swap back. Tiana

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
I am interested in this as well if there is enough interest. I am an avid reader. I love Christian fiction, Amish novels, and mysteries, especially those involving food!

Cocoa, tea, bookmarks, candy, mug rug, anything....I am not picky!

Sounds like fun...hope it works out.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  2:34:49 PM  Show Profile
I am interested in signing up for this swap, It will be compfy...I love Christian suspense and mysteries, mysteries containing sewing, quilting, recipes etc and young mysteries like the Hardy Boys. and anything that makes you feel warm, tea, dark chocolate, Swedish fish, anything.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  3:29:45 PM  Show Profile
I also read Chrsitan fiction and share my books with friends, etc. I would like to do this swap! I love comfort items! PLease count me in.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2261 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2261 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  7:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up please. I have so many books that I'm sure to have something for my partner. I also lik see tea, chocolate, trail mix...surprise me!

Save the Earth...it's our only source of chocolate.

Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  03:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, thank you so much for signing up so far. I am so excited. Hello to all my old friends on here. Look forward to this swap.

Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  07:09:41 AM  Show Profile
I am interested in this swap to....I have many books as well....so I can meet anything my partner would like. Love tee, socks, book marks, anything lavendar!!!

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  2:09:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies, this is getting good, I just went over my novel idea with my mom, who now lives with me and she wants in, so if it's ok I'm adding her name to the count. Her name is Judy

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  06:51:34 AM  Show Profile

Tiana,

I'm in for the fun! My favorite kind of paper back books are Shabby Chic or Cottage Decorating magazines :):):)...I know I'm different:) I love chocolates...bookmarks...socks...anything that says Spring is on the way...like Portia...I am not picky...anything from a farm girl friend is wonderful...

So happy to have you back on the farm with us!!!

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  07:06:50 AM  Show Profile
Tiana - what a neat idea!! I'm having surgery today...so I can't commit at this point...but since sign up ends Feb.16th, I will leave it to the last minute, in case I'm feeling better and up to it :) Joyce
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  08:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Hugs to my friend Judy. thanks for singing up. As for you joyce, my prayers are with you, and hope you can make the swap. Keep us posted either way please. Oh yes I love any type of book, I guess my fav would be historical romance, and my mom loves a good romance, amish, etc. mostly beachy love stories. I just love a good book. Thanks everyone for signing up so far.

Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  10:35:39 AM  Show Profile
I would love to take part in this swap. I recently moved to TN and am not used to this cold weather we are having here. Not a picky reader, I'll read just about anything. I have 16 boxes of books to unpack, so I'm sure I have something for my partner.

Make Today Count (MTC)!!
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  1:47:00 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up too! I like to read Christian fiction, Historical non-fiction and fiction, Amish books, gardening books- especially involving the northwest since we just moved here! I love coffee, tea, chocolate but overall basically not picky on comfort items :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  1:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Joyce,
my prayers are going up for you and hope you have already come through your surgery and will be up and around really quickly.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  10:16:09 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea, Tiana! Please count me in. I enjoy "cozy" mysteries, historical fiction, and I just started watching When Calls The Heart, so if anyone has a spare copy of that floating around that would be great too.

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

CanyonArtist
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Heather
Greenville SC
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  11:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Tiana,
Please sign me up for the paperback/comfort pkg swap. I prefer classics (anything by Austen, Bronte, etc.) Any dark chocolate, herbal tea, décor magazines, bookmark...please surprise me! This will be fun. Thank you for hosting the swap. Heather
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  12:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Joyce, I pray that your surgery goes well.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  12:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, welcome to the site. We have so much fun on all the swaps, and this one sounds great! You must have moved from somewhere very warm if you think TN is cold.... I am a native Tennesseean but have not lived there in 30 years. This is my third time to live in up-
state NY and at the moment, we have a foot of snow and tonight will be minus 1, I think....although we have had colder weather recently. I am from Middle TN but not quite sure where Cordova is. Hope you are enjoying it there.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  12:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Portia,

Cordova is just outside of Memphis. I moved here from rural Alabama and it was definitely warmer there than it is here. I know it could be a lot colder but my blood seems really thin lately :)
I'm excited about this swap, I've been looking through my boxes to pick out some good books to send.

Blessings,
Kristi

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  12:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tiana, It looks like this is a hit. So glad to see all the sign-ups. It also appears that most of us like the same kind of books. How great is that!

Happy Reading Everyone and THANKS to Tiana for hosting this Swap

Lavender Rose

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  2:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Lavender Rose, I agree I am so excited that we all pretty much like the same books. Canyon I too like classics. I collect them for my grandchildren before they all disapeare and you can only find them on the internet. Thanks everyone for joining this swap. Hopefully we can call it the first book swap with many to follow. We shall see. Looking good so far ladies.

Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  04:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Getting closer ladies, im getting my package together as i type.

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  07:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Would love to join!
Been snowbound for going on second week now!
This sounds fun and I already have things I can share for this!

Stay warm, ladies

Joyce, hope you are up and about soon :)

Blessings,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic A Novel Idea (partners posted) Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page