Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 started on hospice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic started on hospice Next Topic
Page: of 2

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  9:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
for my husband this week. please keep us in your prayers and if you have any stories or suggestions about hospice please let me know. thanks fran and country

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Edited by - frannie on Feb 01 2014 9:16:04 PM

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  9:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
just the nost recent pic I have of me and country. thanks in advance for any prayers you may have for us. love, fran and country

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  9:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Frannie,
My mom was a patient with Hospice in her last weeks . . . they were absolutely wonderful! They were there caring for her, but they were caring for the family as well! I'm thankful for them! I trust they will be that for you as well
Praying for you and your hubby!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  10:35:37 PM  Show Profile
I loved the picture of you two. I don't have a story for you, but hear they are the best comfort and do a wonderful job. Take care, sending prayers. P.S. I love the name Country. Is that his real name?
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  11:07:04 PM  Show Profile
God love and bless you both, Frannie and Country. Sending you both my love and sending up lots of prayers. Hospice is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I'm so glad they're there with you both. I love your picture, too. Gosh does Country look like my Dad! Big warm hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 01 2014 11:07:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  12:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much . his real name is roger dale, his mom was a teenager and she named him after royrogers and dale evans. in the 70s country went to an inner city college in dallas and he was among the few white fellows there. although he loves all kinds of music, he was known for liking traditional country, so he got the nickname country and it stuck. he was a photojournalism/news reporting major and worked on many small town and underground papers in texas. he worked for buddy magazine the original music magazine for 26+YEARS , and interviewed all kinds of music folks including the original Dixie chicks. it was at buddy magazine that the name country roger hooper stuck and it has been his pen name for more than 3 decades.
we had hospice with my dad but it was 20 years ago and I know things can change in the field of medicine. we are always praying for a miracle, but what we want for country is comfort, peace and a pain free quality life. thanks again for your prayers.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  05:04:38 AM  Show Profile
I worked as a nurse for our local hospice for 11 years and I think it provides the very best care when the time comes that no further treatment is possible. The focus on living is what hospice offers patients and families. The entire program is set up to make living each day more comfortable and as peaceful as possible . Your husband and you will get the best of care and the best expertise on how to manage the time left to the fullest! I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  08:28:59 AM  Show Profile
Prayers and a big hug for you and Country!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  08:32:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, so sorry to hear this. I too only hear good things about hospice, they will be a great comfort for you and Country. Thanks for posting that nice picture. Tell Country he sure is good looking, and his name fits him perfect.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  09:15:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello Frannie,
First of all, prayers are going up for you both.
Second, my brother passed 2 years ago from brain/lung cancer. He was being cared for in a wonderful nursing facility and when we called hospice in they helped me so much. I was so fortunate to have a loving staff and the hospice workers who became family to us. My brother was a tough customer and the workers were so patient and understanding. On his last day, the hospice volunteer stayed with us and supported us as we went through the experience. My daugher was 10 at the time and they helped her with positive conversations in a way that will help her in the future when another loved one is ill.
The overall experience helped each of us differently and I can say it was a peaceful time.
Third, God is good and has a plan for all of us.
God bless you both.

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here Am I.
-Isaiah 58:9
Jenny, Blessed Farmgirl #4359
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  1:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, I think Hospice will be a blessing for him and hopefully for you too. Sorry to hear it has come to this but just think he will be held in highest regard by the nursing staff. Blessings to both of you. MaryBeth

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  2:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I wish I could be there to comfort you both through this but I am sending up prayers for you for this. My friend had hospice and they were so good to her and all the people who were involved in her care.
Blessings to you both,
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  3:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - my prayers for you and your husband. Hospice is wonderful. We had it for my mother-in-law, and everyting I know about it is superb. My heart goes out to you and the challenges before you. God will provide, so lean into Him for strength.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  6:25:17 PM  Show Profile
Prayers are with you, Frannie, with Country and those you love. Hospice is amazing, staffed with caring people who have helped many through this last journey.
My neighbor's father spent his end days in a wonderful Hospice program, surrounded by loving family. He took great joy in planning his own Celebration of Life, rather than a funeral. His pastor was involved in the plan and played right along. Earl had asked him to offer up a toast so the hid a bottle of beer in the pulpit and held it high in a salute "I won't drink it here, but this is for Earl." The closing music was "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". And no usual funeral lunch, it was brats, sauerkraut, German potato salad and German Chocolate Cake.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  05:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Dear Frannie and Country-
I am keeping you in my prayers and close to my heart!!

And, I agree with the others here Hospice is AMAZING! In my experience they are so caring and comforting at this time. I am sure they will keep you both as comfortable as possible and explain the journey to you both also. They were so helpful to me when my friend Pat was there 2 years ago.

Love to you both,

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  06:10:54 AM  Show Profile
Dear Frannie and Country,
I am sending prayers and love to you both.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  08:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Frannie and Country my prayers are with you both.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  9:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Frannie and Country you are both in my prayers.

As a nurse who has done hospice I can say it will be a blessing for both of you. The ultimate goal is to keep the patient as comfortable as possible and let them retain their dignity. The support and love by hospice caregivers is priceless. Lean on them whenever you need to. That is what they are there for.

God's Mercy, Comfort and Peace as you walk this difficult road.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  1:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Hospice is wonderful - keeping you all in my prayers.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  2:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Prayers and comfort for you both in this difficult time.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  4:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Hospice are wonderful people. Glad they will be there for you both. Prayers to you both.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  06:44:01 AM  Show Profile
Fran,
I'm almost positive you will come to know how wonderful hospice is. I too am using hospice services (about 4 months now) and I am so glad I called them...they are absolutely wonderful for support not only for the one who needs it but for the caregiver as well! Bless you both...and heartfelt prayers going up for both of you.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  08:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks for all the answers and support. please continue to pray for us and thanks for taking the time to give us your input . I will hopefully be posting on this site for farmgirl info and keeping in touch on other subjects as well we you farmgirls are so good for my spirit. love you, fran and country

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile
Frannie and Country - I have no stories, nor words of wisdom, but I am sending prayers up for you both, as well as any extended family and friends. Much love to you both! <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  4:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks Shannon and all who have responed with prayers and love. we are needing all of that right now. love to all, fran and country

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  08:30:29 AM  Show Profile
Dear Frannie,

I too am sorry that this is going on but as others have shared this will be a good thing at this point. I am continuing to keep you and your husband in prayer, that the Lord would heal, strengthen and comfort you both. I wish that I lived closer so I could pray for you in person, give you a huge hug and help out in any way I could. I am praying that the Lord would bring someone alongside you to be there for you.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic started on hospice Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page