Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Jaw surgery and infection...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Jaw surgery and infection... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear about the nasty infection. I feel for ya, and hope you feel better real soon. The IV thing is a real bummer, but hopefully once it gets into your system you'll feel better much faster instead of taking oral antibiotics. Hang in there, we're thinking about ya! Big Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  10:37:42 AM  Show Profile
gosh Kate, I really hope the infection goes away really soon.
good thoughts and prayers for you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  8:36:33 PM  Show Profile
katie, Hope you get better soon. My MIL had 3 teeth pulled 2 weeks ago and ended up with an infection and back to the doc she went!! Absolutely horrible. I just feel for you!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 7 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  8:57:20 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE~
I had a terrible weekend: fever, chills, night sweats, and so much pain! I called the surgeon on Saturday at 9pm (I am sure he loved that, but he DID say to call if I had more trouble) and we scheduled an appointment for today...SO, I went back in and they ended up doing surgery AGAIN!!!

The doc cleaned out all of the puss and junk, ended up putting in a bone graft from a human donor (kind of sicks me out, but I would rather that than a synthetic) and some sort of collagen barrier to keep infection from building in the bone again.

So, round 2 for surgery and it looks like I will be on the IV antibiotics for a few more days...I was hoping to be done tomorrow! Oh, well, I would rather stay on the IV than have such a terribly infected surgery site again! It got so bad that all of my stiches ripped out from the swelling!

OK!! Rant over...thanks for all your love and well-wishes!
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  11:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate!! I feel like such a slacker...I have been busy and distracted around here and should have called you before now. I am glad your second surgery is behind you and will sure keep you in my prayers that you will heal up in record time now...you have sure had your share of the yuck this last month!!!! be watching your mail..something going out for you tomorrow.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  08:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Here's hoping that this time did the trick! You've had enough now Kate, your turn is over! Seriously...I hope you are feeling much better now that you have been through all this. Take good care and take it easy until you feel better.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  09:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I pray for you and know things will be well in the end. I hope this is the last sergury you ahve to have. Take care sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  1:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate, this must seem nightmarish. I am praying that this time healing will quickly follow. Sooo sorry you have to go through all of it.
Love,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  1:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I am so very sorry you've had such a painful time. I'm sending you healing wishes and prayers, too.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Jaw surgery and infection... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page