Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Jaw surgery and infection...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Jaw surgery and infection... Next Topic
Page: of 2

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  1:37:44 PM  Show Profile
I had surgery on my jaw one week ago...I had a suspicious growth on a dental xray, and this surgery was to remove it...
It turned out to be a much bigger surgery! It was horrible!
The surgeon had to drill from one side of my jaw, clear through to the inside under my tongue..all of it was while I was awake!

Then, on Saturday, I got really sick, my incision was infected!

Needless to say, I am about done in!

Luckily I am on a strong anti-biotic, and some pretty heavy-duty pain pills, and I am now on the mend, but man!!!!

Good news, they don't believe my jaw growth was anything to worry about cancer-wise! It was just a result of a long standing chronic infection from and abcessed tooth...

Bad new, I had alot of my jaw bone and gum tissue removed!!

Wish me love and luck, farmgirls, I tell ya!
I need it.

Love
Kate

UPDATED TODAY...on page 2 !
my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com

Edited by - katiedid on Nov 08 2006 5:27:05 PM

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  1:44:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate, you poor thing. Hugs and healing thoughts sent your way farmgirl. You certainly deserve it.
Di
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  2:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry! Jaw and tooth pain is some of the worst pain there is! I feel so bad for you. Do you have to drink your meals through a straw? Why did you have to be awake? How horrible! Don't run out of pain pills. I send you wishes for fast healing, too.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  4:59:38 PM  Show Profile
I had a similar reaction back when I got my wisdom teeth taken out one Thanksgiving. To a much lesser extent, of course, so I can sympathize (as I was really miserable.)

The bad news is watching everyone else eat holiday dinner.

The GOOD news was that I lost a ton of weight!!!!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  5:08:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh Katie how horrible. I can sympathize. I am on my 6th week of still having a headache.Sending healing wishes your way.
HUGS,
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  5:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kate- OUCH!! I hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  6:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Ya'll are so nice...I knew I could count on the FarmGirls for some love and encouragement..
Erin, you are sooo right on! I have lost weight! Not the funnest diet, but hey, at least this does have an upside..

Alicia, what's up?? any news? Do you have a growth on your pituitary? Why the headache still?!?!

Love and light to all
Kate

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  7:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate!!! What a thing to happen to such a nice gal!! I hope you are feeling much much better real soon!!! Is there anything I can do for you!??? I would love to come up and visit for a day and help out! Are you okay to talk on the phone?? I hate to call and make it harder for you. I am glad to know that your DH is home during the week to "help"...as much as men do...just let me know!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  7:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Kate! I am so sorry to hear about this -- what an unexpected pain in the neck, literally! Sending (((Hugs))) your way, and, please, let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do. I'll be in your neck-of-the-woods in a day or so, and I'd love to help...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  12:01:14 AM  Show Profile
kATE,
Gee, they should have put you to sleep!! How awful. So glad you are on the mend,get well quick, and take your medicine, don't want that infection back again.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  05:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Kate, HUGS!!!!!!!!! You sound like you need them. What an awful thing to have to go through. Am glad to hear you are on the mend and will add you to my prayer list for a speedy recovery.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  05:45:41 AM  Show Profile
Get well soon Katie!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  06:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
oh kate, i feel so bad for you. just the chronic abscess alone was enough. i wish i lived by you i would come over, and make you some chicken soup and we would spend all day looking at the mj book and magazine and i would putz around the house and clean it while you sat with your feet up. i hope you are resting so your body can heal from this....and your spirit as well.
extraxoxoxoxoxoxoxgoing out to you.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  6:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Kate - Here's to a speedy recovery, the worst is behind you.
And the final outcome was good news! Feel better soon and get back to all your favorite things ASAP. Be well and take good care---

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  9:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate! What an ordeal! Glad to hear the worst is over & the growth was nothing serious! Here's to a speedy recovery! Let us know how you are feeling, OK!?
((hugs))
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  05:36:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kate, I hope the healing is fast. That sounds just awful!!! Enjoy your pain-killers...and remember that this too, shall pass!!!

love, c :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  10:16:07 AM  Show Profile
Kate,

Hope you're feeling better soon. Ouch. Glad, though, that it wasn't anything more serious.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  12:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Kate, I meant to respond to this sooner but I sure hope you are feeling better now! This happened to me about 10 years ago and the infection looked like a tumor so I went through surgery and biopsy,like you. What a pain in the mouth! Nothing like a hole in your head to make you feel "all there!" Hope your recovery is going well and the infection is clearing up, sometimes antibiotics have their own "special" problems while making us better! Feel like yourself soon!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Nov 08 2006 7:30:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  5:26:10 PM  Show Profile
Update!!! Today I had to go back to the doctor, and bad news!! This infection is not clearing up! I have to go on IV antibiotics!! OH man, this is really getting me down! The home health agency is coming by tonight to put my IV in and show my husband and I how to administer the meds...

I guess I should look on the bright side, I get to stay home! In the old days I would be in the hospital...

Thanks for all of your prayers, thoughts and well-wishes, I really appreciate it.

Kate

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  5:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Kate,
Sorry to hear that nasty infection is still hanging on. Now you get to walk around with an IV ROBOT. Did they tell you about how long you would have to be hooked up? Your right, not long ago you would have to be in the hospital for this treatment, well do what they say, and I will be thinking about you, let us know how its going.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  7:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that Kate, do what you need to but just get well!
Prayers and well wishes being sent your way!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  7:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate, that just stinks! Yes, just rest and take care of yourelf! I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery! ((hugs))
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  8:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Kate - YUCK! I read on another thread that you have to have IV antibiotics - DOUBLE-YUCK!!! Oh, I SO hope you are feeling better soon. Sending happy, restful, pain-free recovery thoughts....

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  9:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
kate,
i hope the antibiotics work wonders for you. so sorry you are going through this. mouth pain, its the worst. i will keep checking on you and keep us posted on how you are doing.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  02:41:10 AM  Show Profile
Kate,
Thinking of you...get well soon!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  08:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Kate, best wishes for a speeded up recovery! Drink tons of water, which is good for us anyway, but helps flush impurities out of the body also. Keep your spirits up and keep us posted. Glad you get to stay away from the hospital. Have a great day. Nance
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Jaw surgery and infection... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page