Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic pecan syrup anyone? Next Topic  

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  03:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
the plus side of spending a lot of time in a doctors waiting room is you can save a lot on your magazine budget. you can also learn a lot. I read a piece recently about maple syrup and learned that you can get syrup from a lot of different trees, including pecan which we have in abundance here.. I was just wondereing if anyone here has ever tried this,,or even with maple. it seems to me miss Wilma knows about maple syrup, but I would love to hear some practical advice if you have it. thanks

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  07:06:54 AM  Show Profile
Hopefully Windy Pines, Michele, will see this and answer any questions you have. She has been tapping maple syrup since she was a kid. I love her maple syrup, it is divine!

I have worked the maple tapping exhibit at the Morton Arboretum and while you can tap almost all trees for sap, maple is the sweetest one when it comes to syrup. That is why it is almost always maple syrup that you buy. As you know, it takes quite a lot of sap to boil for hours & hours to get a bit of syrup. Michele says patience is the key. You can go from sap to burned very quickly if you don't monitor the entire process.

Have fun reading and learning about everything Frannie. I pray all goes well for you. Happy 2014!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic pecan syrup anyone? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page