Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers Needed For A Friend & Her Mother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers Needed For A Friend & Her Mother Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, girls... And thank you especially, Lori, for the awesome prayer! Awesome!

My husband and I spent some time with Laura last night. When we got there, she just looked like the life was sucked out of her. We sat down and listened, reminisced, laughed, looked at pictures... It was such a good thing. By the time we left, the color had come back into her cheeks, the dark circles had subsided and she glowed with this amazing look of relief. I think sometimes the best thing we can do for those who are hurting is to just sit with them so they're not alone. Even if they're not alone, they can still feel very alone in their suffering. At times like this, the best thing to do is to just literally be there. She said right now they all just have such a sense of relief that it is over... Watching her Mom's slow passing, knowing she would never hear her laugh or see the clear light in her eyes again was absolutely agonizing. In her final days, Joan did respond to questions by lifting her hand, but in the last couple of days she just slept. Her passing was peaceful and serene, and they all know that she is now with her Lord, her husband, her parents... everyone. That gives them such comfort, truly. Laura said they have spent the last almost two weeks grieving, but now they are determined to stay focused on celebrating Joan's life - her love, her laughter (oh, how she LOVED to laugh!), her warmth, her joy... all the wonderful that she was - and still is now, only better! - and how blessed they are because of her. It's funny, but after Laura's father died, many "odd" things happened to let them know her dad was still with them and joyfully alive with the Lord. The same is already starting to happen with Joan. It's amazing.. It's so true: the love? It NEVER dies...

Have a blessed day! And thank you so much again for all your prayers and uplifting my dear friend, her mother and her family during this most painful and difficult time. You all are just the best. Wonderful. I'm so, so grateful to have you in my life!

Hugs and love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 28 2013 07:55:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  11:58:58 AM  Show Profile
What a blessing you are to your friend Nini! I will continue to pray for Laura in this difficult time.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers Needed For A Friend & Her Mother Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page