Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers Needed For A Friend & Her Mother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers Needed For A Friend & Her Mother Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  5:32:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Received the most heartbreaking phone call tonight. One of my dearest friend's mother who has been suffering with Alzheimer's had a massive stroke this morning. She is completely paralyzed on the left side, cannot see well at all, cannot communicate... So, so sad. She has put forth her directives to include DNR as well as no life support, so the family had to make decisions today concerning comfort measures to take as her mother's health declines. My girlfriend is beside herself, watching her mother die slowly, not being able to hear her voice or her laughter ever again, not being able to do anything to help make things better for her. Her mom is able to hold hands, but it is quite evident she doesn't recognize people. She also seems to be very much aware that something is wrong - has a "deer in the headlights" look in her eyes - but cannot communicate to ask questions or describe her own needs. The doctors have said that for now she is not in any pain, however as things progress, there will be a lot of swelling at which point she will suffer without medication, therefore they will definitely give her what she needs when the time comes. Tomorrow there will be a team coming in to assess her, but my friend said that there really isn't anything more they can do than to slowly watch her mother die. My poor, sweet girlfriend is falling apart at the seams... She just lost her dad two years ago, and he was her rock. She misses him like crazy, but at least, she says, he went quickly. Watching her mother suffer like this is killing her. She asked that anyone willing to pray please pray for her mother to have a quick and peaceful passing. I am also asking that you will pray that the Lord be with my dear friend at this time.

Thank you so much for your prayers. You all are just the best.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  5:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini how terrible for your friend. Alzheimers is hard enough, but a stroke on top of it - I can't even imagine how hard it is to be in her shoes. I will be praying for her and her mother.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  7:40:20 PM  Show Profile
I will be praying for you friend and her mother.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5079 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5079 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  8:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Nini, that is so heartbreaking, I will add them to my prayer list!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  03:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls. This is such a difficult thing. Your prayers mean everything. Thank you so much for lifting them up! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  06:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
I have your dear friend and her mom in my prayers. It is so hard to watch them waste away- oh- how my heart breaks for them. I pray that our Precious Lord wraps his loving arms around this dear family and gives them strength and peace.

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  08:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I know... this is just so horrible, Lori... Thank you..

My girlfriend just stopped by for a minute when the hospital called. Her mother is no longer responsive and sleeping peacefully. They said this is definitely end stage, it is just a matter of time. They said usually the patient can last from two to four weeks, but four weeks is really pushing it, more likely it will be much sooner. As I'm sure you are thinking, this is a blessing - she will sleep and dream beautiful dreams until she walks into eternity with our Lord. Right now, they are looking for a hospice placement for her instead of having her return to the nursing home.

My girlfriend is holding strong, but I started to cry, which made her start to cry. Thankfully my son knew to wrap his arms around her and give her his best godson hug. That gave her much strength. She has not had much sleep and has a full day of travel, phone calls and consultations. Please continue to lift her up in your prayers.

Thanks so much, girls - I really do appreciate your prayers.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  2:10:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh Nini! I am so sorry! I just saw this. I am praying that it would be the Lord's will to completely heal your friend's mother. If He chooses not to, I am praying for a peaceful passing for her and of course for comfort, strength and peace for your friend. I am so sorry.

Have you heard anything regarding Katelyn? Did I miss a post? I am keeping her in prayer too.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  4:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh! I'm sorry, Sharon! I think I did post, but you may have missed it. Katelyn's sugar was waaaay out of control so they couldn't do the surgery. Stress can wreak havoc with a diabetic, especially at her age. They have postponed it until after the holidays. Her mom said when it's time to do the surgery they will give her something to control the glucose. Katelyn was really upset on one hand, and yet super thrilled on the other that she would get to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas rather than be recovering and enduring physical therapy. All is well for now, but rest assured, I'll be asking prayers for her again when it's time! :)

No word from my girlfriend... I'm sure they're all at the hospital by her Mom's side. Thank you all so much again for your prayers.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  5:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I am so very very sorry!!!! Will definitely be praying for your friend, her mother, and for you as well. (((hugs)))!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  6:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Prayers Nini..

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
Sending prayer for peace and comfort for your friend and her mom and family.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  3:55:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm praying. the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas always seems like a time when people pass into the next world. Don't know why that is, but it sure seems that way. Praying for a peaceful passage and comfort for your friend. It seems to me--and this may just be my imagination--that the presence of the Holy Spirit is especially felt this season, what with all that's wrong with the world. Despite all that's wrong, SOMETHING just feels so right. The Light still shines.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  7:06:15 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

I did see that Katelyn's surgery was postponed. I didn't realize that it was after the holidays.

I am sorry that all of your loved ones are having very difficult and trying times.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  10:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls...

My girlfriend's mother has been transferred to a skilled nursing facility that has hospice care. She IS responding to voices and can "yes or no things," but this does not change the situation at all. I do not understand at all why they are not feeding her or anything like that when she is responding, but I can't bring myself to ask. This is so traumatizing for everyone, I don't want to upset my girlfriend any more than she already is. I do trust the doctors know what they are doing - it just doesn't make sense to me at all. So, again, we're just waiting - it's just a matter of time. How absolutely heartbreaking.

In the midst of all of this, my brother-in-law's father passed Monday. They aren't having any services, per his wishes. Thankfully he was able to say goodbye to everyone he loves before he left us. My brother-in-law is throwing himself into his work, but is just having such a hard time of it. Please say prayers for him and his family as well.

You know, this is the second passing since Thanksgiving in our family (hubby's side) where they are not holding any type of service - church or memorial or anything. I have never heard of such a thing before... Does anyone know what is the proper thing to do for the family left behind? It just feels to me like there is no closure, and there are so many people who are just aching... It's as if everyone has just scattered and are in their own corners mourning. It's so painful to me without the fellowship and sharing of happy memories..

Thanks so much for your prayers, girls. It really is shaping up to be a doozie of a holiday, I'll tell you...

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 18 2013 10:07:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  5:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Nini I am praying for your friend and her dear mother. My mother, uncle and grandmother all passed from Alheimer's. So I know what she is going through. I have them in my hearts and will continue to pray for them.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  04:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
Your friend and her mom are in my thoughts and prayers. Hospice will make sure your friends mom is comfortable and will provide much support for your friend. God bless them for the loving care they provide. Thinking of you and your friend.
Denise
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  10:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, girls...

Denise, you're so right - Hospice is amazing. Thank you for reminding me of that! :)

Hugs

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  09:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Will you please say extra prayers for my friend and her loved ones today? She just emailed. Her Mom is slipping away and is no longer responsive. The trauma of the situation is really taking its toll on the entire family, but my friend, especially, is suffering deeply emotionally as well as physically with pain and nausea. She can't sleep or eat. She is watching her mother die, and it's killing her. Thankfully her boss has given her some time off to be there with her mother; she is grateful. I'm sure it is in the back of her mind, though, that the pay loss is going to be overwhelming once this is over and she face the bills... Ugh... The things we have to deal with in the midst of having our lives crash down around us... She commented how her mother is such a strong-hearted woman; she is her mother's daughter, to be sure. It's so hard because no matter what I try to do and no matter what words I may say, I know nothing can comfort her or make things better. She just has to go through this horribly painful thing. They all do. No matter how helpless the rest of us feel in times like this, we know that we always have recourse in God and through prayer. So, please, today, especially, lift my friend Laura, her mother Joan, and all of their loved ones up in prayer to help them through.

Thank you so much - God bless you all, too!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 27 2013 09:28:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5079 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5079 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  09:32:35 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I sure will!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  10:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Connie - so much! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  12:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
I wish there was a way to ease her pain too. I will continue to pray for your friend, her mother, and the entire family.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  1:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Nini - Sending up prayers for your friend, for her family, and for you!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  3:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls. Joan passed peacefully in her sleep this afternoon. Laura and the family are deep in grief over their loss, for Joan was quite a wonderful woman, but they are also very grateful to have been able to spend Christmas by her side, and that Joan is no longer suffering. She's with the Lord now, healthy, happy and whole, enjoying eternity with her beloved husband! Thank you SO, so much for all of your prayers and well-wishes. I am sure that they have been a great help in easing these last days for everyone.

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  7:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for comfort and understanding during this difficult time for Laura and her family.
God Bless,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  04:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Dear Loving and Precious Lord, I love you Lord!! I lift up Laura and her family today, please wrap Your loving arms around them, grant them the strength to grieve for their beloved mother Lord and to treasure all of their precious memories. We know that Joan is safe with you in heaven- with no more pain and whole once again. Lord, our hearts break for our friend Laura and her family for the loss of their dear mother. You know it is very difficult to let go, please grant this dear family peace and love that only You will provide.
Lord, I pray all of this in Your name....Amen

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers Needed For A Friend & Her Mother Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page