ShabinLife
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Janelle
Addy WA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  10:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm new to the Sisterhood, and am not sure if this is the proper place to post this question. I am working on a few of the merit badges that involve cooking/baking, and notice that some require purchase of various items from Mary Jane's Farm. I already have identical products for some of these through my co-op. Does anyone know where I can find out if I have to actually purchase duplicate items through Mary Jane in order to qualify for the merit badge? It just seems wasteful for me to buy small bags of whole wheat flour when I have two 50 lb bags in my freezer, etc.

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  04:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Of course you can use your own. Many people don't have access to a co-op or natural food store so we're trying to bridge that gap and bring awareness to things like hydrogenated oils. It's important not to use things like Bisquick or Jiffy that have hydrogenated oils. Looking forward to seeing what badges you earn! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Merit Badges Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page