Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Beginner crocheter/never a stitcher
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Beginner crocheter/never a stitcher Next Topic  

emilyrosebud
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Emily
O'Fallon Illinois
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  06:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Send emilyrosebud an AOL message
Good morning!
I have recently (3 months ago) begun crocheting. I'm in love! Learning slowly with one stitch at a time on straight scarves for now. although I've been a Farmgirl for over a year, I've never stitched any of my merit badges on! I'm not even sure where to start! But I'm ready to show those bad boys off! Any tips, suggested tutorials, or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I may be a newbie, but I'm full of enthusiasm and Farmgirl Spirit so I'm very willing to learn!
One Love!

"Make way for the Positive Day! -Bob Marley"

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  07:13:26 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations for teaching yourself how to crochet. I have been crocheting since I was 8 or 9 learning from my grandmother. You are in for a lifetime of creativity and wonder.

Many ladies here sew the badges onto a jacket, apron or tote bag all specially fashioned to wear or take to their cluck-ins. I am unable to find a hen house nearby so I am sewing them together in a garden path quilt design. The badge is centered in the middle of a ring of lovely calico hexagons and attached to each other. I plan to display it as a banner. Be creative! Come up with your own design.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

emilyrosebud
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Emily
O'Fallon Illinois
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  07:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Send emilyrosebud an AOL message
thank you, Marie! Your creativity is such an inspiration!

"Make way for the Positive Day! -Bob Marley"
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Beginner crocheter/never a stitcher Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page