Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Had a nightmare..now wide awake!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Had a nightmare..now wide awake!! Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  12:54:04 AM  Show Profile
My sleep has been weird for months anyway since I'm pregnant but tonight's dream was a doozy! I dreamed that my 3 year old daughter, Aria, fell into a swimming pool and sank to the bottom! I could clearly see her.. I dove in while my niece had already grabbed her and pulled her out.. Got her out in plenty of time.. PHEW!! Still, I immediately woke up, my heart was racing and I haven't been able to shake the image. I know this is my subconscious giving me a gentle reminder to be vigilant...bathtubs, crossing streets, parking lots etc.. all very treacherous environments for little ones, especially if there is the element of hurried-ness or distraction... Any of you other mothers have similar nightmares?
here's to nice pleasant dreams...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  05:43:12 AM  Show Profile
I have dreams like that sometimes, and like you, just take them with a grain of salt and pay attention to the lesson of watching the littles more closely. But when pregnant and you really need your sleep, they can just be plain bothersome ;). HOp eyou get the much needed rest!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 7 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  05:58:09 AM  Show Profile
Dreams like that are always scary. And they usually come when you are most vulnerable and susceptible to things. (i.e. when you are pregnant!) I have had dreams like that, and sometimes they are nothing and sometimes they are insights into things I need to be watchful for. Here's to a night of sweet dreams for you!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  06:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Does your daughter know how to swim? By the time I was her age I had been taught the basics of kicking and dog-paddling so if I did fall in I would be able to get to the top.

I am pregnant too and have odd dreams all the time. I don't have any children yet to worry about so most of my "worry" dreams surround a dog that I love that I did not adopt when I had the chance. I think anything that is not completely dealt with in our lives (regrets or fears) comes home to roost at night.

It sounds like you are being a great mom and watching out really well. Hope your sleep is more restful :)
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  5:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Julia...I have dreams like that alot. I once dreampt??Dreamed?? is it?? anyhow, I had one where we were all outside playing in the snow one night..which we do often, it gets dark so early in the winter here. We are all outside playing and making snow angels and having a great time. We get chilled to the bone and come in for hot cocoa, we get the kids all warmed up in a hot tubby and tuck them in. I crawl in bed, only to wake up in the still of the cold winter night to realize that I forgot one of my kids!!! I left Julia outside!! and she is frozen stiff in the cold!! AAAhh!!

I really believe that our sub-conscious mind has a way of working out things at night that we don't make time for/can't handle/ don't allow etc.. during the day.

Sometimes dreams like this are just a manifestation of our fears and worries. Sometimes they are a reminder, and a prompting to be more viligent...a prompting all of us can use...HOWEVER, I could handle a genlter one!

Sweet dreams, friend.
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Had a nightmare..now wide awake!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page