texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  09:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Halloween is barely over and it is several weeks to Thanksgiving...but I am already giddy about Christmas. Have turned on the Holiday music (Bing, Ella, Louie, Burl...) and am planning my Christmas decorations and menu. Can't wait. Lots to make and do. Maybe I am really excited as last year the holidays didn't seem like they were here at all after what happened Dec. 14th in our town, but I do feel like celebrating this year and being thankful for my blessings. (I think about those families a lot, and wonder how they have the strength to cope.)I'm not talking about shopping at the mall or that kind of headache, but the traditions of baking, making a gingerbread house with my dd, and decorating the house, making everything homey. Anybody else feel that way, too? Anyone listening to holiday music beside me?

Farmgirl hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5080 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5080 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  10:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Sandy hook deserves some joy! I am listening too and pulling out boxes and planning. We have 2 radio stations here that play only Christmas music 24-7! They usually start around Nov. 20th. The am station started last week! I have preset the button on my car radio! I love my CD's so I can hear Bing, and dean, Nat king Cole, I still Play the Vinyl ones too on the record player!
I love your Christmas Spirit! Hugs! wanted to share this pic, It makes my heart so happy!!! A lost dog wandered into a outdoor church nativity and snuggled up with the Baby Jesus!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Nov 09 2013 10:41:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  2:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Yep Nicole,

I am in the mood for Christmas too. Today was a sewing day. I made new curtains for the dining room. Tomorrow the fall decorations are coming down. I am going to do some painting while the house is bare. And next weekend or so the Christmas decorations are going to start going up. Hubby will be off to hunting camp and I will be alone to my own devices.

I am planning my gift list and starting all my home-made projects. getting my baking items in order. And planning the family gathering with my mom and sister. We also get to celebrate 3 of the kids birthdays in Nov. and Dec. So we get lots of family time. I am very excited.

Happy Holidays to all
Arttie
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Connie and Arttie,
I am so glad I am not the only one!

OMG Connie!!! That is the cutest! Wishing I was in your state...I would adopt that pup in a second! We love German Shepherds! I have a shep/husky mix and love her to pieces!

Sooooooo Cute!!! Thank you for sharing that. I will show it to dh when he gets home.

Big big hugs, (oh goodness, corrected my typo...at first I wrote "big bugs"...that won't do...

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  6:52:23 PM  Show Profile
Count me in!!! We had our holiday parade tonight and then Natalie and I went to the Cracker Barrel for dinner after- we had the Christmas music on, mind you I have been listening for quite some time now. Have been crafting gifts and making lists!! I Love this time of the year- such hope and love in the air....not at the malls- I try to stay away as much as possible!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  7:32:19 PM  Show Profile

I am getting in the Christmas spirit also...had some of my tree decorations out this week...it's so fun when you run across something you forgot you had...I love ornaments and try to add a few new things to my collection every year...I am not the one to fight the crowds at the stores so I order quite a bit of stuff online...I just love being home where everything is quiet and simple during the holidays...I love giving gifts of food also...like homemade candies and banana nut bread...they are the perfect things to give to those whom you really don't know what to buy for them...I have maple scented candle tarts that I love to use in the Fall and Christmas Season...makes the house smell so good...Connie...I love the picture...how precious...

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  03:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Already enjoying the Hallmark Christmas movies.......my favorite!

Hugs,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  05:13:39 AM  Show Profile
Ah, Nicole... I've been hearing the lyrics from "We Need A Little Christmas" for days now!!

"Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.
Fill up the stocking,
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.
Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;
So climb down the chimney;
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen.
Slice up the fruitcake;
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough.
For I've grown a little leaner,
Grown a little colder,
Grown a little sadder,
Grown a little older,
And I need a little angel
Sitting on my shoulder,
Need a little Christmas now.
For we need a little music
Need a little laughter
Need a little singing
Ringing through the rafter
And we need a little snappy,
Happy ever after,
We need a little Christmas now!"

We sang that song in chorus in elementary school. This time of year, it's ringing loudly in my ears and causing my heart to sing!

And...

Tee hee... Christmas MUSIC? I've been secretly watching Christmas movies by myself for the last two weeks at night while the guys are at work, Nicole! LOL! I'm like you... I just "need a little Christmas... Right this very minute... Candles at the window... Carolers at the Spinet... Yes <I> need a little Christmas.. Right this very minute... I need a little Christ-mas noooooooooow!"

And this morning our world is blanketed in white, every branch painted with snow... Oh! Bring it on! Bring on Christmas!

Here ya go, girlfriends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcCcDRj9f0

Oh my goodness... "What is this?! I'm leaking!!!"

Enjoy, Nicole! Enjoy, girls! I'm right here with you!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Nov 12 2013 05:23:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  05:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Connie, that is too cute!!!

Nini you make me smile! I have been playing Christmas music and movies lately :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  06:35:52 AM  Show Profile
LOL... Sharon, just woke up Sam with a cup of cocoa to celebrate the new snow. When he came down, I played the song for him. He stared patiently through my performance (complete with kicks, I might add!) and then commented how much he really LOVES the COCOA, then laughed... ;p Too much, too soon, perhaps... But Mom's feeling cheery! ;) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  7:45:02 PM  Show Profile
thank you for the lyrics, the song will be in my head all evening
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  05:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Connie, love that photo!!! Adorable!

Nicole, yes, Christmas excitement is beginning to grow down here at my house in Florida too! There are so many beautiful ways to enjoy the season and I am looking forward to working my way along the days of December. Right now I am furiously knitting a few gifts and I am almost done! Then I will be making some Norwegian sandbakkels for celebrating Santa Lucia Day on December 13. My husband and family are Norwegian, and Dec. 13 sort of kicks off the official Christmas season. I wait to decorate our tree on that day and also make the traditional saffron St. Lucia buns for breakfast.

I am JEALOUS of all of you with snow!!!!! Hahahaha! We have been having 80 degree weather down here and it seems so weird! Possible cooler weather returns next week so I am hoping!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  07:17:29 AM  Show Profile
HAHA!!! I'm sitting here with my curtain of light glowing softly behind me in the window, drinking my holiday chai and singing Carol of The Bells. It's snowed and very cold here, 7 degrees at the moment, but in my house it's starting to look a lot like Christmas

Sunday is our tree trimming day and I'm already excited and looking forward to it but I think if I warble Jingle Bells one more time this early in the morning Drew will chuck me out in the snow He likes Christmas, but I'm a devoted fangirl
Nicole, life is so precious and spending Christmas with those that we love and making Christmas in our homes is just the best! Bake on sister!
Connie that is such a heartwarmingly wonderful pic, sooooo sweet!
Nini, now I can't stop singing that! I really do think that I'll end up in the snow this morning LOL!!!

I love the traditions of Christmas Nicole! I wish that we could all get together to bake, listen to music and laugh, what an awesome time that would be!

Just 20 days now!

“At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year."
~ Thomas Tusser (c. 1515-1580), author 'The Farmer's Daily Diet'. ”

Hugs!!!

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

She with the most chickens wins

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2013 :  1:40:52 PM  Show Profile
I have been busy sewing and knitting gifts. I must get them done and in the mail. Started a little shopping online, but need to get that done. The house and tree are so pretty. Everything is so cozy. Wish the holidays were a little longer.

What a fun day it would be if we all did a farmgirl holiday!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Can't wait for Christmas! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: