Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Snow globes for gift-giving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Snow globes for gift-giving Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  7:09:11 PM  Show Profile
I've been collecting old jars and plan to make snow globes for everyone this Christmas. You just find some old figurines or trinkets and glue them to the lid of the jar. Add distilled water and a bit of glycerin and then add some glitter. Screw on the lid, turn upside down and--you got a snow globe! I like this idea cause it's very "green" and simple. I found a Snow Baby ornament for my mom, some Indian figurines for my neighbor, and some Japanese geisha figurines for my brother. I'm going to search the antique and resale shops for other trinkets and goodies to use.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  8:15:45 PM  Show Profile
I'll be taking a class on this craft on the 19th. I'll let you know about any tips I learn.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Snow globes for gift-giving Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page