Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Selling handmade cards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Selling handmade cards Next Topic  

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  05:23:22 AM  Show Profile
I need money. Med bills piling up. I'm want to sell the cards in a salon and pharmacy. I'm going to price them $ 4 a piece. I'm using quality materials, proper construction and will present them well. I've used layers, patterned papers, rhinestones, ribbon, embossing powder/folders and 3D foam to make them interesting. I bought plastic sleeve to go over cards to prevent them from getting finger prints. I told 1 shop owner I only wanted to sell holiday, mother;s day ect., not general cards. He said to bring in a few samples. He said there wouldn't much space since his getting med equipment in. I would place my cards in a nice basket on a table. I want to see if there is a market in this tiny, hee haw town.Selling on the internet is not something I want to get into. I made some for my Mom( for free) so she can tell her friends and maybe they would buy from me. Has anyone tried this idea? If I can figure out how to upload a picture I'll show some of them.

Tara
Stampin' Up Demonstrator in training

STYX the Band rocks!
Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Monsanto you Stink!!

Chatty Wren
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Diane
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  08:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tara. I think the basket idea is so charming. You could emphasize the homespun idea by lining and draping some pretty fabric in the basket to help draw the eye to your cards. They sound so nice. Have you thought of selling them at a gift type store, nail salon, hospital gift shop or even a craft fair. People seem to appreciate artisan type items these days!

Blessings~Diane
http://abbyhannahvintage.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  09:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Tara,
I say go for it! Try every possible outlet possible. I make and sell cards as well and have had most success at Farmers Market (season is over now) and craft bazaars. Right now that is on hold, but it's worth giving it a try, especially if it doesn't cost anything.
I suggest keeping an accurate inventory of what you place, checking in very regularly. If something is not selling after a few weeks, then cycle it out and "refresh" your display. I sell aprons this way at a country store and it's important to cycle out things that aren't selling . . .keep it fresh and full.

Hope that helps . . . I know many folks who REALLY LIKE to purchase handmade cards!! So, you go girl!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 01 2013 09:13:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile
You should go for it. There are a couple stores in my town that sell them for people. I would also suggest trying coffee shops or even cafe's. Best of luck to you :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  1:26:17 PM  Show Profile
Mine is ready. Do I post it here?

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  8:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, wrong thread. Husband is distracting me.

Why not sell them here on the Marketplace. Post pictures of the ones you want to sell to us. Put numbers on them and tell people to email you and arrange an exchange. Make a set of 5 and sell them to us for $20 plus postage. Everyone wins and no website is necessary.

I want to do this sort of thing with my folded paper stars too. Keep us updated with your progress and results.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  5:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Getting cards in order to take to shop. Owner said he needs holiday, Mother's Day ect. cards. Neighbor placed an order for 6 Christmas cards today. Woot!

STYX the Band rocks!
Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Monsanto you Stink!!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Selling handmade cards Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page