Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Complete Amnesia Next Topic  

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  7:44:30 PM  Show Profile
A member of a forum I belong to has a daughter who has entered complete amnesia. I ask for your prayers for them, and if anyone here has experienced this, do you have any suggestions or thoughts of inspiration? It is her 5th concussion in 7 years. She is in her twenties. It happened over Labor Day wknd. During a volleyball game. I am so touched by the story, and looking for thoughts to help raise them all into a good place. In advance, I thank you.

Christen

With LIGHT!

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  10:56:46 PM  Show Profile
I have had amnesia before and it is very scary for the person who has it, even if they don't appear to express it. It's very disorienting. The good news is that eventually your memory returns. Your friend's daughter needs lots of emotional support and I will keep her in my prayers.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  06:02:46 AM  Show Profile
I just got out of bed, and trying to put myself in her place...walking down the hall in a house that I have been told is mine, being greeted by someone I am told was my husband, with all of the understanding of what these things mean, but nothing to bind together experience to substantiate it... Having people come who tell me about our relationship, asking me if I remember...seeing their faces when I say I don't. Needing to move on, and feeling stuck in wonderland. I have been imagining.... Everyone is juxtaposed by the event ... But she, it seems, has lost the most. I hope you are right...and I pray it comes like the morning, gentle and full of light. Thank You.

With LIGHT!

Edited by - Christen Rosamilia on Sep 11 2013 06:05:34 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Complete Amnesia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page