Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 WoolieSpinner: She's Created A Monster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic WoolieSpinner: She's Created A Monster Next Topic  

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  11:44:49 AM  Show Profile
Most of you know and love Wooliespinner (Linda) from Ohio. I was introduced to her soaps about 3 or 4 years ago by another Farmgirl member and Linda and I struck up a phone friendship as a result. She was so gracious to talk to me about making soap because I told her that I'd always wanted to learn. Well, Linda, you've definitely created a monster. I have to show you what I've done now...men's shaving soap. And my hubby loves it!! I have done two different fragrances so far: one I call Citrus Breeze (orange, grapefruit, lemon and peppermint essential oils) and the other is like men's Polo Sport. Obsession is next and then Bay Rum. My husband says that it lathers up really nice and I am putting either kaolin or bentonite clays in to make a nice, smooth surface on which to shave. So Linda, thank you soooooo much for your teaching skills and generosity. You've passed your craft on to someone else and even to the next generation, as my daughter has gotten interested too!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  2:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marybeth for the compliment. I am so glad you are enjoying being a soaper and a fine one at that.
You have not only learned the craft but have far surpassed what I already do. Love that your making the shaving soap.... how cool is that. You are such a creative person and do wonderful in anything you do. Can't wait to see what you make next. Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  4:12:57 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, you are so right about Linda's soaps. I have tried many MANY soaps at craft fairs, and I love hers the best.
Coincidentally, when the bar gets down to the last little bit, we put it in hubby's shaving mug. I gave him a good bristle brush several years ago, and his mug is filled up with bits of Linda's soaps
Yours looks a lot better then the mixture in his though! Those are beautiful!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.

Edited by - nubidane on Sep 10 2013 5:09:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  4:50:47 PM  Show Profile
Linda does make very nice soap. I had the privilege of being gifted some :) Congratulations Mary Beth :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  5:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Linda's soaps ARE amazing. My favorite one is the sandalwood/patchouli. I am now having fun experimenting.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

ChickenElla
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Robbi
Caseyville Illinois
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  06:26:12 AM  Show Profile
How can I buy the shaving set with the "polo" scent you mentioned above? I only see the orange on the site, and I don't think my husband would like a fruity scent. I'd love to get him this as a little Christmas gift! Looks amazing!!

Please let me know! Thanks!!!

~rs
ChickenElla
Sister #5373
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh my GOSH am I excited about this, Mary Beth! I just emailed you! My hubby prefers the shaving mug soap to the canned cream - hands down! I'm interested in purchasing two sets of the "polo" scent, if possible, as soon as possible! I'm not sure I can wait to give them as Christmas gifts, either! LOL! Thank you SO much for offering these wonderful soaps!

<And thank YOU, Linda! Now you've created TWO monsters! LOL!>

Hugs - and cheers to you and your new product line!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  09:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Nini and Robbi, the soaps will be ready by Oct. 8th. They have to cure for 3 - 4 weeks before they can be used. I will be putting them up at the website then. We made some that smell like Obsession last night and will be doing Bay Rum tonight. Then, we will be doing a women's shaving soap for legs that will come with a cup and saucer and a package of blueberry-vanilla tea for a relaxing bath/shave/tea. The new men's soaps will come as just the soap or the soap, mug and brush. The citrus blend comes in only the set. Hope that helps!!
:-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  09:43:18 AM  Show Profile
Awesome! Can hardly wait - but sure it will be worth it! :) Thanks so much, Mary Beth! Please remind us when they're ready! My guys are going to love them!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  09:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Will do!

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

ChickenElla
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Robbi
Caseyville Illinois
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  10:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Great! Thanks!!

~rs
ChickenElla
Sister #5373
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic WoolieSpinner: She's Created A Monster Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page