Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Musings on Nature Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  9:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Tonight I've been thinking about water. Water is the softest element, it can support you with no effort on its part. Yet it's strong enough to wear away mountains. Most of the Earth is covered with water, not land. The amount of water in the atmosphere is always the same; it hasn't changed since the dawn of creation. Water falls down from the sky and evaporates and returns to where it came from. Water keeps the temperature of the Earth cool enough to support all kinds of life. What would life be like without water? Could you imagine living on the moon? What a stark and desolate existence that would be! Can you tell it's been a while since we've had any rain where I live??? Bless water, for water blesses us.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

jdf0202
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Jodi
Kouts IN
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  11:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Water is my favorite element Cindy. Possibly because I am Aquarius. I have lived in places where I didn't have easy access to a body of water and I was always miserable there. When we purchased our farm a year ago one of my criteria when we were looking was that the property had to be close enough to ride a bike to a body of water. Now we live a half a mile from a big river and I am a happy lady.

Water sustains us. We would not live without it. Great post.
Jodi

There is something you must always remember... You are are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  1:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Yes, and here in the southwestern USA water is becoming more scarce. There are rumblings of rationing water for personal use in the Las Vegas Valley. (We already ration for landscape and in our development can only use crushed rock for decoration instead of lawn). Lake Mead is so low that the water level is below the intake and they are purposing building a third straw to the tune of Mega Dollars. The Colorado River supplies five states and Mexico. There have been water wars to a degree already, but hold on sisters...they are about to get very problematic and nasty. Stage right, exit...we are moving to Idaho where it gets lots of rain. I sign our listing tomorrow morning.
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  5:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
let the rain wash your worries away. water is wonderful, soothing, healing part of nature. we go to the Aquatic center three times a week, and i can tell how much i relax when i am there. it is so calming. Summer here has been weird here too. Really, really wet and cool the first part of the summer, and now that it is September is is HOT, and DRY, adn humid and just plain miserable.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Musings on Nature Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page