Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 I need a glycernite sida acuta,make my own?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic I need a glycernite sida acuta,make my own? Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile
I have Lyme disease and my Lyme doc wants me to take sida acuta for it. I have only been able to find it in a alcohol base. I need it in a glycerine base. Can I make my own, and if so is there a book I can read to do it?

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  12:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Kem, I'm not familiar with Sida Acuta specifically, but I know that the medicinal properties of some plants may not extract properly into anything but alcohol. Can your doctor be of help to you? Seems like you shouldn't be left hanging like this. BTW, if you're worried about consuming alcohol for any reason, you might want to consider taking your medicine in a boiling-hot cup of tea: a teaspoon or less of the extract per cup. Just as when you cook with wine or brandy or whatever, the heat takes care of the alcohol and you're left with the good stuff that it helped to extract for you.

I'm so glad you posted this, because I see online that there's a lot of interesting info about this treatment. I hope you do well! Lyme Disease is just an awful thing. My sympathies and a hug!

Edited by - Rosemary on Aug 29 2013 12:06:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Mara, I think the doc should be helping moree too. I am left to my own devices many times. My body is very picky and I jump through many hoops to get the treatment I need. My problem is I can not do antibiotics or other drugs well. Herbs seem to be the best for me. Better route anyway. Thanks for the advice. I will try my newest alcohol based treatment in the boiling water.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  4:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Again, my sympathies, Kem. We all have to be strong advocates for ourselves when it comes to medical diagnosis and treatment! Not to put too fine a point on it, but you don't need to put your herbal extract in literally boiling water: just water that you've heated to the boiling point for tea is fine. Have another hug! (They're free.)

Edited by - Rosemary on Aug 29 2013 10:25:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  5:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic I need a glycernite sida acuta,make my own? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page