Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Herbs for anxiety and hormone related anger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for anxiety and hormone related anger Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  06:15:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls...
I've noticed in the last year or so that my demeanor is changing, especially about 2 weeks before my cycle begins. A feeling of dread, worry and anxiety and when closer to the cycle date, anger. Just fly off the handle about anything and everything. I mean, some things justifiably make me frustrated, but the way in which I respond is (to me) over the top. I hate yelling. Hate it. And I've been yelling. Mostly at poor little Violet about her room and yesterday, I found myself just picking apart every little thing or yelling about it. Of course, I started my period last night, but it makes me feel TERRIBLE. At this rate, I'm really only happy about...1 week out of a whole month and that's simply not enough.

I take a birth control pill and this is the same one I've been taking since she was born. It didn't affect me this way up until about the beginning of the year, so I'm wondering if my body is changing and that's what this is all about.

Regardless, I could use some help in choosing herbs to aid in anxiety and stress. I do NOT want a repeat of yesterday ever again. I can't tell you how embarrassed I am to write this out but I feel desperate for help and I'm not about to call the doctor who will say, "I'll just write you a prescription for prozac..."

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Jul 08 2013 06:20:40 AM

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  07:00:46 AM  Show Profile
I found that Vitamin B helped me tremendously with anxiety, stress, and anger. You may want to talk to your doctor about what supplements would help too.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  07:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I'm very interested. Vitamin B? I'm totally new at this but I've never heard that--usually it's skull cap, Valerian, etc. I don't find a lot of help with my doctors about natural remedies. They always want to write out a prescription for some heavy duty medication.

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  08:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Your pills are the problem. Call your DR. NOW

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  08:30:49 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am supposed to reup my prescription this month--it's challenging, though because honestly, the other's they put me on made me feel WORSE. Just angry all the time.

Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  5:19:17 PM  Show Profile
You can do essential oils for stress reduction as well as herbs. There are also homeopathics which can be quite helpful. The first thing I would start with is a cup of raspberry tea everyday. It's easy, great for women issues- I always suggest starting small and working up from there. =)

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  01:32:43 AM  Show Profile
I can honestly say I have the same problems right now & they are getting worse. I can't believe how I act somedays...it's embarrassing! I would be interested in learning more on the Vitamin B also, which one? B-6, B-12, complex? And I think I will give the raspberry tea a try.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

2Chickens
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Addy
FL
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  3:15:24 PM  Show Profile
I have been taking St. John's Wort for a couple of months now, and have found it helpful. It isn't recommended if you're on the pill, and I just got off that last fall. I was having weird side effects too, even though I had taken it for years. I also cut out caffeine, and have noticed a huge difference in my anxiety level. I miss coffee, but feel much better. Hope you find some relief! It is most frustrating to feel out of control with the emotions, when in your head, you know it's not what you want to be doing!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  3:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, if you are doing the pill I would not suggest using herbs. You never know how they will affect especially if you are using the herbs for hormones. I was like that when I was on the pill too. I finally went off them. Starting using Wild Yam cream for the hormones and other means for bc.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jmfaville
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Melody
Salem OR
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  07:19:52 AM  Show Profile
You also might check out 5-htp for anxiety, depression, and mood swings. Studies have shown it to be just as effective as prozac for alot of people. It is basically the precursor to seratonin and melatonin in the brain, so it helps your body have the raw ingredients it needs to make enough of these hormones (seratonin for mood, melatonin for sleep). Male sure like everything that you are buying it from a reputable sourse. There are alot of really low quality supplement makers out there. Alot of doctors prescribe hormones, ie, birth control for pms, but if you are one of those unfortunate souls who has increased mood swings on them, you may need to resort to barrier methods :{ Also, I cannot stress enough that you will have anxiety and depression if you do not have adequate vitamins and minerals in your diet. Take a high quality multi vitamin every day. Here in the northwest where I live, almost everyone is vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D deficiency can cause fatigue, anxiety, anger, depression. Check with your doctor and see if they will check your levels. Alot of the herbs that you might take for mood can mess with your birth control and make it less effective (EEEK!), so check with your doctor or a pharmacist before taking. If you have a good pharmacist, they should be willing to get on the natural remedies database and double check the safety with your other meds. Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for anxiety and hormone related anger Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page