Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Please post here when you receive RAOK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Please post here when you receive RAOK Next Topic
Page: of 8

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3108 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3108 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  4:51:12 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome Stephanie. I agree B&BW is great! Glad I could brighten your day :) I'm glad you liked the pictures. That one is my favorite too. Her name is Paige.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

betmingo
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Betty
Athens Michigan
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
I got your package yesterday and it really brightened my day!! I've been so busy that I'm getting stressed out and last night I needed a pick me up!
She sent me a bulletin board set for each season and some desk name plates. There was also 3 or 4 packs of tea that I'm excited to try!!!
Thanks sis! I'm going to try to post a picture this weekend!
Betty
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3108 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3108 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  08:12:14 AM  Show Profile
Betty,
You're welcome. Glad I could brighten your day!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  3:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank You to Darlene for the nice card and Tea. It is going to be wonderful now that the weather is getting cooler. It's always nice to learn a little about other Farm Girls. Thanks again!

Lavender Rose
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9392 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9392 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  2:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
I received the cute little heart. I love the cherry fabric and the ladybugs. Funny because I didn't even mention how much I like ladybugs. :-) It is in the kitchen, of course!
thank you for thinking of me.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  12:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Denise,

I saw that you like cherries on the What do you collect? Thread. Thought you would like the heart.

Glad you do and will enjoy it.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Lavender Rose
Brenda

Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  4:12:09 PM  Show Profile

Hi Girls...I have never signed up for the RAOK Swap but I had one of our Farmsisters send me a Gift
yesterday of this Beautiful Sweater/Jacket. I have a Scotty Dog and she knows that I love
all things Scotties. It was Ruth Yarbrough...and she often does very sweet things for others.
But I just had to come on here too and share, how blessed I was to get this Beautiful unexpected
ray of sunshine in my Mail Box.

So Blessed By Farmgirl Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 20 2013 4:13:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

betmingo
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Betty
Athens Michigan
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  4:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Here are the school things I got from Heather!!!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  4:52:08 PM  Show Profile
They are very special sisters aren't they.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3108 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3108 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  07:34:13 AM  Show Profile
I agree Darlene - sisters are very special. That's why I'm glad I joined MJF - because now I have a lot more sisters and they're all special too!!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  6:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Joyce,
Thank you so much for the wonderful card I received today. The letter was so special to get to read. I pray your new move and new company/business are very much a success. Have a great year of homeschooling.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  3:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh my sweet sister Becky M. of Ohio. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for the vintage pic of Pears Soap with a little boy, old pic of a bouquet of flowers, pic of fruit, and flowers, and one with cotton plants. Becky when you saw the cotton plants did you remember the CCR( Creedence Clearwater Revival). Cotton Fields. I just love them all . I already have idea's on what to use them for. I can't tell. HAHAHAHAHA. And the cute little note card, with the sweet note you sent me. Thank you so much Becky. I do remember we did a swappie together. You know me well! You made my day. Happy Dance!!!!!!!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  3:54:17 PM  Show Profile
Here I sit, trying to figure out what to say. Well, here goes.

I signed up for this RAOK swap with full intention to follow through. I even printed out all 24 pages of sisters & their likes/collections/colors etc.

Several days afterwards, I got a call from my younger brother. My mother had a heart attack & was, at that time, in surgery, having a shunt implanted. I jumped on a plane & flew off to California. I live in Maryland. I packed so quickly, I left my computer at home.

I stayed for 8 days. She assured me she was fine and I should go home. She lives with my brother, so I knew she would be well taken of. As expected, hubby & daughter treated my absence as I knew they would and they ran out of clean dishes & were using paper plates while eating with their fingers. Not one bit of laundry was washed & the sink was piled high with dishes. We even have a dishwasher!! Daughter was wearing her pjs all day & hubby has 2weeks of work shirts. At least they brought in eggs from chicken coop (even tho' it had not been cleaned).

I was cleaning, washing & baking for days. The fridge alone, took me one whole day to scrape out whatever was spilled but not wiped up.

2 weeks later, my brother called back to say mom was in hospital again. She'd had another heart attack and he was afraid it was bad. I got on a plane the next morning, but mom had a massive brain stem stroke during the night & was on a respirator. It was keeping her body alive, but she had no brain activity & her doctors considered her gone. My brother couldn't accept that & told me that he believed mom would wake up any time.

The next day, after yet another neurologist exam and after much pressure from other family, we finally said our good byes & let her go. I spent the next several days helping my brother keep it together. I helped my brother finish up as much as I could, but couldn't stay as long as he nor I wanted.

During all of this, we were also handling long distance closing on our old house. We had intended on retiring there, but decided on a warmer state. So, I found myself & hubby driving 12 hours to check out several properties in TN. One of which, we just put a down payment on. And we are now seriously talking about retiring.

I'm worn out. It just seems like just as soon as one 'thing' ends, another 'thing' happens.

Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't been around and I haven't sent anything out. I do have stamps. And, I do think about you all. And keep you all in my prayers.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  5:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Kathy
I am so sorry to hear all this news. Please know you are in my prayers. No worries what so ever on this swap we can all certainly understand. Prayers for better days ahead.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  5:32:42 PM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to you Kathy, I, too, have gone through a similar situation. It's rough, but somehow you will get through it all. Don't worry about the RAOK's for now. I understand it goes on indefinitely. Later on you will be able to send out encouragements to others. For now let us send you things to lift your Spirits.

Lavender Rose
Brenda

Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3108 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3108 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  09:05:31 AM  Show Profile
Kathy,
So sorry to hear of your troubles. What a tough time you've had! A big hug to you and your family along with a prayer for some comfort and easier times ahead.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  7:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Kathy
My prayers go out to you in hopes that soon things will settle down for you and my sympathies go out to you in the loss of your mom.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9392 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9392 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  8:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Kathy~ SO sorry for your loss of your mom. You are in my prayers. It has been over a year since my mom passed and I can hardly believe it. Still hurts a lot after this much time. But we have our moms first before anyone else and it hurts terribly when they are gone.
HUGS

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9392 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9392 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  8:53:15 PM  Show Profile
CJ~ I want to thank you for your sweet gift of the pretty polka dot potholders and beautiful dishcloth. Love the colors! I know you couldn't know this but two days ago I burned my hand quite badly. It looks terrible and is very painful. Someday I will learn my learn my lesson. :/
From now on I use the mitt. It is so pretty I hate to use it but I am going to. :)
thanks so much!!

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  11:06:39 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Sister Becky - I received your package today and sat and cried. This has been a REALLY tough week for us - everyday has been doctor appointments, plus we have to put a new engine in our suburban (the only car big enough for our family). To add to it, we just found out my cousin has cancer. Then I get your package... the only mail I received today, in fact. What a bright bright surprise to end this week! Thank you so very very much! We truly look forward to using your mango sauce!!!! My kids want pancakes in the morning to be able to have some :)

~ Shannon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  12:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
I am so sorry to hear of your deep troubles. I am happy to know that this gift will help you through this tough time and I hope that you will truly enjoy the sauce.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  2:19:23 PM  Show Profile

CJ,

Thank you so much for the sweet card you sent...it really has been a rough time since I lost my Sweet Kitty(2 weeks ago Saturday)...things have not been the same around here but the Lord is helping me through it all...it is so nice to know that farm girls are thinking about me and most of all praying for me...

Once again thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers!

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  12:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Many thanks to Becky, who sent me a lovely hand made card & homemade Mango Sauce! It really looks yummy. I will try it on some vanilla ice cream tonight. Oh, and the beautiful jar topper is purple.....my favorite color.

And, sorry I don't know how to make the picture sit up right!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  10:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Becky for the beautiful card and delicious looking jar of Mango sauce! I can hardly wait to give it a try! (and I just bought some vanilla ice cream!)The extra touch of the doily lid cover with the yoyo made me feel extra special:D Thank you for thinking of me and brightening my day. It was so nice to get your perfect package in amongst all the bills!!!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3108 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3108 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  11:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks from me too Becky!! I love getting homemade cards and the mango sauce looks delicious. But, my favorite is the jar topper. Purple is my favorite color and it's so beautiful!!! I put the jar in the middle of my table it's so pretty. I'll have to get out another jar when I open the sauce. Thanks for brightening my day!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Please post here when you receive RAOK Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page