Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Anyone successfully treated SIBO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone successfully treated SIBO Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  2:33:17 PM  Show Profile
SIBO is small intestine bacteria overgrowth. I think I have this and want to be tested soon. I have a slow motility of the bowels and always feel like I have infection. I am hoping I can talk my PCP into testing me. We have looked at all other kinds of options and tests to no avail.

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  08:00:46 AM  Show Profile
I had a few bouts of bowel infection and then was tested for SIBO and was positive. At the time I had been on Nexium for several years . All of those big acid reducers result in changing the micro flora of your gut. So my PCP weaned me off the Nexium and onto Zantac twice a day. I just ate normal and began to see a positive return to bowel health by about 4-6 months. For slow motility , I found that using Citucell fiber daily has helped with slow motility and constipation issues. Metamucil creates too much bloat for me but you could try either one. Good luck !

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  06:45:34 AM  Show Profile
I have been ok with the Equate (WalMart) brand of the sugar free soluble fiber. It is less expensive...The key is using it daily.
Marianne

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Aug 01 2013 06:46:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  05:09:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, I will look into Citucell. I have to be careful because I am allergic to many fillers and ingredients in manufactured products. I do much better with all natural products. IT is not fun having to watch every little thing I put in my mouth. Gets old quick.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone successfully treated SIBO Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page