doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  07:00:41 AM  Show Profile
It looks like good ole bean soup (navy & pinto mixed) in the crock pot with corn bread made in a cast iron skillet. The only way I know how to make it. I have a new litter of Miniature Schnauzer puppies coming any hour so I will be busy today, tonight, or who knows.

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  07:16:37 AM  Show Profile
Tonight is my grandsons Birthday, so no cooking for me, we will be at my daughters house, tomorrow night is roast beef sands, and salad and carrot cake. We have the best deli right near here with top of the line meat, so I like to get their roast beef sliced real thin, some of that good beef juice and have sandwiches on a big ole roll.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  08:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Jeny that mexican chicken sounds great. We have a REALLY QUICK AND EASY recipe that we use.

1 small rottisserie chicken from the Grocery (Or 4 chicken breasts)
Pull all the meat off the breast and thighs kindof shredding as you go. My Richie likes to eat the legs and wings so I save those for him.

Make one batch of white rice. (1 C. dry rice, 1 3/4 C. water)

In a baking dish combine Rice, Chicken, 1 lg can cream of Mushroom soup, and 1 can Rotel (I drain mine to get most of the liquid out). Stir well and press into baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and put in oven until cheese melts and it is heated through.

Since I usually make this with warm rice it only takes about 15 minutes in the oven to heat through. It does freeze well but usually takes about 45 min to an hour to heat when it is cold (after thawing).

I serve with black eyed peas and corn bread.

As far as tonight is concerned I think it is going to be breakfast for dinner. I have had this killer migrane for three days and while it is starting to wear off I now have the nausea again so quick comfort food sounds good.

Happy Eating!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  3:42:32 PM  Show Profile
I threw 3 split chicken breasts in a pot atop the stove, with some chopped onions, olive oil, garlic powder, BarBQ sauce, and strawberry jelly and let it all cook in the pot. When it was done, it got a squrt of ranch on top of each and a melted piece of baby swiss. It started out as a concoction, but DH loved it! On the side was baby limas and acor squash and hawaiian sweet bread. It was a yum meal!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Tonight it's lamb chops - really simply prepared by rubbing with olive oil, garlic and sprinkling on crushed rosemary then broiling under broiler for a few minutes on each side - butternut squash and french bread. There are so many good recipes here - I'm going to have to make it a habit to check in the mornings!!!

Cristine - I just LOVE Hawaiian sweet bread!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's on the menu tonight??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page