Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 So exicted over my MJF purchase!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic So exicted over my MJF purchase!!! Next Topic  

farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  4:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi yall!! I just had to tell someone about all of my purchases. I recieved MJ's first book last week and I can hardly put it down . I am still "new" here but already I have gotten hankies to make the hankie apron , am going in the morning to get fabric for the everyday apron and ...I just ordered the bakeover sampler I bought the budget baking mix but didn't read the fine print(that you really need the farmhouse kitchen issue) so it seemed like a really good deal to buy the whole thing!! Now I really excited to go to the post office and pick it up!! For those that already have the kitchen issue , is there a lot of desserts too or just savory dishes? I've gotten some ideas off this board but I am a little nervous in making my first bakeover. Thanks for reading , Angela

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  06:58:13 AM  Show Profile
oh angela .. bakeovers are about the easiest dish you will EVER make .. just a coupla' steps to take! and there are skads of ideas in each issue of the magazine! and they can be main dishes or desserts!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  09:02:46 AM  Show Profile
The kitchen issue has every kind of recipe. You are going to love the budget mix. The scones are the best!

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  10:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I too was hesitant at first about making the bakeover, but it turned out scrumptious, my husband and 9 mo. old loved it. I baked mine in a cast iron skillet which worked just fine. however, if you are going to saute the veggies et al in the skillet, then add the crust on top, make sure you use a good bit of olive oil with the veggies, otherwise when you turn the skillet over everything sticks :)
I even made a left over bake over (sounds redundant doesn't it?). sliced potatoes and onions from porkchops, a corn zucchini egg casserole dolloped on top, diced pork chop and a sausage link. yummy. the bakeover works well to gather what ever is in the fridge.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic So exicted over my MJF purchase!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page