Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Our UPS delivery guy . . . above and beyond
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our UPS delivery guy . . . above and beyond Next Topic  

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2013 :  8:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We have the BEST and the NICEST, as well as most caring, careful and efficient UPS delivery guy!
He always takes a little extra time to chat and we talk about his life and family and ours, as well as other topics.
He LOVES my dog, Bramble, and always gives her treats, pets and talks to her. He'll even leave a doggie treat on top of a package when he doesn't even see her.

Last Thursday he brought me a package and we were talking about the heat and drought conditions. He was wearing a neck cooler and asked me if I had ever used them. Told him that I had, especially when my daughter and I do breast cancer walks and that I had one.

I also told him I was thinking about getting one for Bramble to try to help keep her cooler and more comfortable. He said he probably had about "ten of them at home" and if he could remember he'd bring one.

The very next day, he drives in just like he always does when delivering a package, gets out and delivers a brand new neck cooler, still in the packaging just for my Bramble. He said "I'm concerned about your dog" . . . he also gave her a treat.

He didn't have any other package to deliver . . . he made this stop just specifically to deliver his gift of a neck cooler for my doggie friend. What a special delivery . . . above and beyond the call of duty for UPS delivery!
By the way . . . it DOES help her!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 15 2013 8:57:38 PM

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2013 :  11:35:11 PM  Show Profile
It's so nice to hear about good, caring people in such an impersonal world!!

Farmgirl Sister #5159
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
"Faith is one foot on the ground, one foot in the air, and a queasy feeling in the stomach." - Mother M. Angelica
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  09:31:29 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet guy. Thank you for sharing this story with us. I love hearing about good, kind hearted people in this world of ours. Sometimes the negatives far outweigh the positives and my heart aches. It's always so lovely and heartwarming to hear that there are still some genuinely nice and caring people out there.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  10:02:59 AM  Show Profile
over the years i have found that many of the kindest people i have met are service or delivery people!
how sweet of him to do that ...and how lucky miss bramble is!!

thanks for sharing!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  11:10:39 AM  Show Profile
CJ,
That is such a GREAT story! I love it when I hear people doing kind things for one another "just because". (Of course who could resist Sweet Bramble).
Thank you for sharing- it lightens the heart to read stories like this.
STAY COOL!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  4:47:30 PM  Show Profile

I love this story. It seems for many folk...the worst of times(drought and heat)bring out the best in them. You definitely have a kind and generous delivery man. How pleasant it is to hear good news like this. Isn't it amazing how sweet little animals can touch the hearts of people.

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  5:55:32 PM  Show Profile
I love our UPS man. He is easy on the eyes, personable, dependable, and gives all 4 of our dogs treats (even the 2 that aren't thrilled to see him) Why go to the mall when I can point, click, and have Don show up????
CeeJay, that is a great story..
Along that line, the driver we had before Don was into cooking, a young German, (also easy on the eyes..sorry, but hey!)) and he was telling me about his mother's recipe for turtle soup (with beef, but nonetheless pretty dang authentic)
The next time I saw him, in the pouring rain, he gave me 3 HANDWRITTEN pages with his recipe. It is very time intensive, but OH SO YUMMY!!!!
I love my UPS guys.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  6:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Our UPS guy is easy on the eyes too . . . :D! The relief guy is strange and is afraid of the dog, but oh well!
Yup, they make life easier and more pleasant!
Love 'em!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  6:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
And, we just now returned from a little "business trip" down the road. He passed us (no delivery for us today), slowed down and gently tossed a doggie treat out the door for Bramble. :D

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  6:32:45 PM  Show Profile
CJ, such a great UPS guy. It warms my heart when people are nice to others for no reason at all. Glad that Bramble is staying cool.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page. www.facebook.com Aprons and More by Laurie/2487022
www.etsy.com/people/Aprons And Home Decor
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  6:55:00 PM  Show Profile
What an awesome guy, CJ!!! I love that he did that! He deserves extra cookies at Christmas, for sure!

I'm with you, Lisa, on every count! (What a great guy to share such treasured family recipes!) Our "oops" man, as we call him around here, is a pure ray of sunshine. Whenever the truck pulls up out front, you can see all the neighbors' curtains pulling back with anticipation. I swear you can almost hear the "awww's" as the ladies watch him saunter up to someone else's porch! LOL! Even my dog's tail starts thumpin' the floor when she hears the UPS truck door slide back! I guess it's true - it's the thought behind what's in the package that counts, but man, the presentation is everything! LOL! (We're going to have to talk turtle soup sometime - my Grandpa used to make it every Christmas Eve to set out for Santa - along with a highball to help wash it down! LOL!)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 17 2013 6:55:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  7:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Would that be Jacob CJ? I haven't seen him in forever, he is awesome.

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile
CJ,

What a great story and great guy. And I love the idea of a neck cooler for the pup. I'll have to try that for Bonnie, too. She's having a hard time in our dangerous heat wave.

You should definitely do something nice for him, like cookies or something.

Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  09:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sharon,
I actually don't know his name . . . isn't that awful? I don't know if Bill knows it or not. I know when it's him because he backs into the driveway almost to the house. All the other drivers stop at the end of the drive . . .;/.

Nicole,
I think the neck cooler does help. Bramble has some much fur around her neck that it makes ME hot just looking at it. She seems to experience some relief with the cooler. Certainly worth the effort and they don't cost much!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  7:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Haha, our UPS guy is so scared of our dog (who stays INDOORS when he comes, he just barks thru the window!) -- he either calls the kids over to the truck and tosses them the package for us or our neighbor or else he sprints kind of near the house and throws the package up onto the porch. Poor guy, he has probably had terrible dog experiences. . .

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/brooktroutwife
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  07:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Awww! How sweet of your UPS guy and I know Bramble felt special as she should. Ours is that way too, so nice and especially at the holidays, I always make him a box of yummy goodies for Thanksgiving and Christmas and he really appreciates it. Sadly, I do not know his name either but he sure knows mine, ha ha. He told me one time he has never seen one person get so many boxes, I told him he should talk to Jean my mail lady as she tells me the same thing. Jean knows all about farmgirls and now understands all my mail.
Thanks for sharing the sweet story with us CJ and give Bramble a big hug from Auntie Debbie.

Hugs,
Debbie
aka Proud Mama Hen of the Scattered Prairie Gals

"There is nothing better than to end a bad day covered in dog slobber!"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our UPS delivery guy . . . above and beyond Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page