texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  07:38:54 AM  Show Profile

So, DD and I went to the hairdresser that I've gone to for eleven years. Sometimes I am not quite happy with a cut, but she is still the best I've ever been to. Normally she almost leaves my bangs a little too long, but that's okay, I like them long and brushed to the side. But this time, she gave me little kid, straight across baby bob bangs! I feel ridiculous! I have a love/hate thing with bangs anyway. All women like to look younger, I guess, but I'm not sure toddler bangs is the way to go....

Ever gotten a bad cut?

At least it's summer and in two weeks they will be just right! Hee Hee.

Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Edited by - texdane on Jun 29 2013 08:04:50 AM

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  07:50:23 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh! That is my pet peve with the hair dresser! I alway say the same thing ... DO NOT give me 4 grader bangs! ... And almost everytime ... that is what I get ...
I now do not go ... I cut them myself, and have geown my hair out to more than half way down my back ... no more bad hair cuts for me.

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
http://whitesheepfarm.wordpress.com/

Edited by - kysheeplady on Jun 29 2013 08:35:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  08:06:53 AM  Show Profile
I know, Teri! I usually trim them myself between cuts and they look great. If I could do the back myself, I would. Maybe I should tell her not to touch my bangs at all.

They look silly. :)

In the eighties, I got a poodle perm that fried my hair and I had to lop off twelve inches. Live and learn, I guess.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Edited by - texdane on Jun 29 2013 08:08:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  08:38:01 AM  Show Profile
I bought this http://www.amazon.com/Diane-D123-Tinkle-Hair-Cutter/dp/B001DYM62C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372520219&sr=8-2&keywords=bangs+cutter
nifty little tool that works great for my bangs.

Teri

www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  08:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Teri! Looks like a useful too! And now my hair dryer just blew up the other day. It was only seven months old. Have to go buy another one. So to go with my toddler bangs, I had to blow dry today with my dd's pink, Hello Kitty dryer.

Nucole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  09:36:57 AM  Show Profile
LOLLLLLL!!!! I'm so sorry ...

Teri

www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  11:58:04 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I just went in to get my hair cut. My hair was to my waist and I wanted a really cute shoulder length cut. All one length, with NO layers. Of course she layered the bottom a little and now it looks like a little kid that tried to cut their own hair. But if I trim it to one length it will be waaaay shorter than I would want, but right now looks horrible. I hate it.

So I am living in ponytails and my hat until it grows out a bit, so I can get it styled to look good again. My only saving grace it that I have to wear it pinned up for work, and my hair grows pretty fast.

I never really go to hairdressers, since my mother is a retired hairdresser, she usually takes care of my hair. But sometime I want to go and get pampered a bit. But after my haircut, I wouldn't allow her to wax my eyebrows. I was a bit scared I would have to draw them back on the rest of my life........

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  5:34:50 PM  Show Profile
I have curly hair, and usually keep it long, but I wanted to try it short and sassy. Oh my, now I'm a fuzz ball! I look like a troll doll if I don't wet it and gel it. When I am at home on my off days, I just cover my head with a scarf or bandana! And my hair grows so slow!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  5:43:31 PM  Show Profile
So sorry about your bangs! I love my bangs but I cut them myself--I just twist them real tight and use a pair od embroidery scissors to trim a little off. They come out shaggy, which is what I want. My mom used to cut my bangs when I was little--she'd put a piece of tape straight across them and cut--they always came out crooked. I've never found a stylist who could cut them the way I want. Hope yours grow out soon.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  6:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shanda,
If you want your hair to grow faster, try using gelatin daily. My hair has grown 2 1/2 inches since May 4th. I drink a smoothie daily with fresh fruit and unflavored gelatin in it.
Becky

My Blog: farmgirlmuse.blogspot.com
May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  08:13:42 AM  Show Profile
I cut my own bangs too, and my hairdresser just nips off any bits that are crooked. I usually trim them about once a week though, because I am probably one of the only women out there who cannot stand the feel of bangs in my eyes or sticking to my forehead. My hair is really curly too, so if they get any length on them, they start to wave. So, my bangs are usually above my eyebrows when dry. The rest of my hair is pretty long though.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  10:22:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Nicole - I'm so sorry! I hate having anyone cut my hair for that exact reason! I think in my whole life, I've had maybe 4 good haircuts. Not fun.

Having said that, though... You are absolutely beautiful, girlfriend. Please don't bag those beautiful farmgirl tresses!!! Think Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"... You can probably go a bit retro while your bangs grow in, and I just know you'll be even more beautiful than Ms. Hepburn! I know how awful bad haircuts - no less bad BANG cuts - can be; it's not ideal, but try to have a little fun with them. They'll grow back quickly... If anyone can pull this off - it's you! And you'll be glamorous in the process - I know you will! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  2:43:26 PM  Show Profile
Nini, thank you! You are the sweetest! Shanda and Arttie, I'm feeling your pain, Farmgirls! That's it. I'm cutting my own bangs from now on period.

Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nicole,
I feel your pain! However, I am sure that you still look FABULOUS!
Plus, as you said...its SUMMER! Yippee. Heck with this humidity we have been having I feel like my hair is just a frizz ball. I don't even bother with a blow dryer when its this humid-I get out of the shower, gel it back and up in a pony tail it goes!
Maybe you can even try something new and use one of those cute little flower pins to pin your bangs to the side etc- might be fun to play around!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  06:54:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh boy, I need a haircut really badly because my bangs are down to my chin. All of you have me gun shy! I moved to this town almost a year ago and have yet to find anyone who can give me a decent haircut & not charge me a arm & a leg for something I hate!

They say hair grows faster in the summer, I hope for all our sakes they are right!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  10:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
You sisters have me LOL! It really is a nightmare to get a decent haircut! Last year I had no hair from the chemo My driver's license picture is soooo beautiful! What a hoot. Well my hair grew in curly and I always wore it short and spikey so I didn't know what to do about cutting it. Well I went to my friends hair stylist and I should have walked out when she said, I'm afraid to cut your hair. Then when she was styling it and was using a curling iron, I haven't used one in 40 years, I knew I was in trouble! I was! How I remember 40 years is because I was in labor with my son and of course had to look good at the hospital and burned the side of my face, most likely while having a contraction. After 29 hours of labor I didn't care a hoot what my hair looked like!LOL! Now I need a cut again and I'm afraid to go anywhere. My worst hairday was when I went for a frosting. My hair was below my shoulders. It was all pulled through the cap and the lightener was on and I was sitting under the dryer when the phone rang for me. I got up to answer it and my head felt hot. Then I saw smoke. I yelled to the girl and she started freaking out and put me under the water. As she was taking the cap off, you guessed it, my hair came along with it. That was how I ended up with my first and shortest spikey haircut. I don't recommend that procedure!LOL!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  10:58:50 AM  Show Profile
@Darlene...Smoke??? Oh my goodness you must have freaked! I love your attitude! Awesome. Hope you are feeling better.

It was hot yesterday and humid, so I pulled the rest back in a ponytail. With my itty bitty bangs and pulled back hair, I was afraid I looked like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber, LOL! Good news is, my hair grows fast. I don't think there's a woman alive who hasn't had a bad cut.

Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  08:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Nicole,
There you go having me LOL again! Not much makes me freak out. What's the point when the damage is already done and you need the same person to fix it! Yikes! Oh, believe me, that was the first and last time I ever had a smoking incident at a salon! The best haircut I ever had was at a cosmetology school! I decided they couldn't do much worse than what I paid a small fortune for to look like a clown!!! The instructor cut it to show the students how to razor cut. That was luck,wasn't it?

Yes I feel much better. Thanks for asking! So a reminder to all my sisters...GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM! The sooner you are detected the less treatment!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  7:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Wise words, Darlene! So glad to "see" you and to hear you're feeling better!

Nicole - you could NEVER look like Jim Carey in "Dumb and Dumber!" LOL! But that mental picture sure made me giggle! I'm so sorry - I know it's not funny...

When I was a high school senior, I went to the local beauty school's shop to have my hair done. I swear the guy used permanent wave curlers - I looked like I had to about as close to an afro as I would ever want to get. My normally poker-straight, smooth and shiny hair looked like I had just gone through a car wash and then plugged my finger into a light socket! I didn't cry - I was brave. The guy kept telling me to trust him - he knew what he was doing. I just kept breathing deep breaths as I watched all the other girls at all the other stations walk away looking like Barbie Dolls. Not me, though. He took his sweet time - FOUR hours of gel-ing, moussing, and spraying my unrecognizably curly hair back into a banana comb. I ended up looking like Lucille Ball in "I Love Lucy!" I was so stunned I couldn't even speak. I couldn't even cry - my tears were sealed in the ducts from all of the hairspray! With less than an hour until my date's arrival, I rushed home, hopped into the shower, washed and conditioned my hair several times, and then did what I could to salvage my damaged locks. It was a nightmare. He RUINED my hair. Let's just say, that was one prom picture to go down in the history books...and then into the incinerator! LOL! Ahhh... but every picture tells a story. I figure someday there will be a young lady in my life who will need someone to commiserate, and I'll pull out my picture for her, and once she sees it, we'll have a good laugh and she'll feel like a beauty queen! LOL! Thank God we can make lemonade when we're handed lemons! LOL! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic need a bag for my head Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page