wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  08:54:37 AM  Show Profile

Did anyone see where a sheep was rescued on the hills of I-75 in or near Whitley County KY. It had been there for 3 days going back and forth on that high embankment...on a stretch of Interstate which runs from Michigan to Florida. People traveling...were stopping to take pictures. There was great danger of it coming off the hill into traffic...therefore possibly getting killed or causing a horrible accident. The firefighters from that area rescued him after he came off the mountain and ran down the highway into a field of cattle. They gave the poor thing water. He stood there and drank and drank. He had some cuts but overall I think he was OK from what the news clip showed. They are now looking for his owner. So glad there was a happy ending to this sweet little sheep story.

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  11:52:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm relieved that there was a good outcome to the incident. It breaks my heart when an animal is hurt, lost or mistreated in any way.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  12:25:36 PM  Show Profile
I too am glad it is safe. I had not heard about that but delighted with the good outcome.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Sheep Is Safe!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page