Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Help!!!! Apron pattern ideas needed....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help!!!! Apron pattern ideas needed.... Next Topic  

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  10:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Friends,
I am coming here for some help, ideas really anything you can offer!!

My oldest daughter is getting married June of 2014. My two younger daughters will be hosting a shower. My idea is instead of playing games, I would like to make everyone a half apron to wear and then take home. There will probably be 20-25 gals there. Missy- my oldest daughter loves the idea!! What in the heck- she "LOVES" my idea...that in it's self is a gift from God!! I want my mom, my three daughters, Missy's soon to be step daughter and mine to match- most likely the fabric and mix up the patterns a bit. Any other ideas of patterns that I could get to use. Not too hard- not the best sewer, but I can do ok. Really could use some brain storming with this...I have time, but don't want to put it off for to the last minute. Thank you in advance gals- I know I can ALWAYS count on your help!!!

Love to you all!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:26:49 PM  Show Profile
I saw an apron made from a man's shirt. Somehow you cut off the sleeves and back. Then reattach the sleeves about the level of the waist to use as ties. To make less sewing, you could use pinking sheers to cut. Thrift store shirts would work well. Kind of a throw back to the 50's: Doris Day wearing her husbands shirt.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Cute idea- did you see it on Pinterest?

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:57:23 PM  Show Profile
I aren't smart enough to put the link here - sorry - but go to a website called tipnut.com or google "free apron patterns" and click on the "50+ free aprons" tipnut link. Download their wonderful .pdf file and there is at least one apron made from a man's shirt. There are also a bunch (hmmmm...maybe at least 49) of other really cute free apron patterns, many from 'back in the day'. Enjoy!

I love these patterns because so many of them remind me of my grandma : )
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  3:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Check out www.sew4home.com and they have lots of free apron patterns. Plus lots of other ideas too. You won't be disappointed.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  4:29:43 PM  Show Profile
I made a half apron with less that 3/4 of a yard of fabric ... no pattern, just rotary cutting ... EASY!!! And you can mix and match for tie, pockets and so on, Good luck!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
http://whitesheepfarm.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  4:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas...I knew I could count on you!! I will start searching out the sites you have offered and any other ideas- xoxoxo!!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Lori, you could make a '1/2 circle' or rectangle type 'cafe' apron.

CeeJay has the pattern and might be able to post a picture of it.
She made a bunch of them for us when we had Tea at MaryJane's farm about 2 years ago.

Each apron takes about 1/3 to 1/2yd each, not including the band & ties & pocket, which can be literally made from remnants.
Then you could stuff a little verse, poem, or? into the pocket of each apron. or you could make an itty bitty sachets to insert into the pockets.
Fancied up w/trims & lace or easy peasy simple and neat... "the world is your oyster"! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  5:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Great idea! How about having a plain colored pocket and fabric markers so each guest can add a personal decoration? We used them on pot holders for my daughter's shower. Each person did two, one for the bride and one for herself. What about one for the bride put together of squares that the guests could autograph or put on a special message?

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  05:42:59 AM  Show Profile
See... I knew that I could count on the gals here....great ideas that I wouldn't have EVER come up with!! Thanks a million!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help!!!! Apron pattern ideas needed.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page