wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  4:09:14 PM  Show Profile

I know they say there's no such thing as perfect...but today in Kentucky was as near perfect in weather as could possibly be. Around 72...a light breeze...the bluest sky with only a wispy cloud here and there and bright sunshine all day long.

To top it all off...the beautiful birds were busy singing and eating A momma and papa bird spent much of the day feeding their babies. The babies were chirping...so happy to be getting goodies to eat. You see...I have a wishing well in my yard. It has a bird house attached. The most beautiful bluebirds built a nest in there. They continually visited their babies in the bird house everytime I was on the front porch today. I am blessed to have a swing and rocking chairs. My DH...son...stepdaughters and I enjoy sitting on the front porch so much.

All the praise goes to God for such a beautiful sunshiny day.

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3442 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3442 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  4:29:54 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
Wow indeed you were blessed with a lovely perfect day. I feel so blessed here with the beautiful rain we have falling, garden so happy to have it. Have a great weekend, hope it stays pretty for you.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  5:23:32 PM  Show Profile
I, too, live in KY and Judy is so right...today was a blessing for all the senses. I spent the day repotting my tomatoes and peppers that I started from seeds. They are all now sitting on the deck awaiting the raised beds completion. All the top soil was delivered today so we'll put up the beds, fill them up and put up the electric fence to keep out the many bunnies and deer that live on our property. In the meantime, the plants will bask in the KY sun.

Yes, we in KY are blessed!

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  7:42:05 PM  Show Profile

Kelly and Nancy,

Isn't it so wonderful that God clothes us with whatever we need at the time. After everything that has happened in Oklahoma this week...I feel so blessed to have the beautiful day we had. God truly is wonderful!

Hugs!

Judy

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  7:52:56 PM  Show Profile
After living in large metropolises, Atlanta for one, the peace and quiet of our state is Heaven on earth to us. We are out in the country on a little over 18 acreas with woods embracing us. Birds are our alarm clocks now, the sun and moon our street lights, deer and rabbits our neighbors. We've drastically downsized from a 5 bedroom to only 2 but we have all we need and are happy beyond our wildest dreams. Yes, God is good.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  03:57:33 AM  Show Profile

Nancy,

The life we live might not be for everyone. I live in the house where I grew up. Inherited it from my parents who are now with the Lord. It started out as a 2 room house when my parents moved into it in the early 1950's. Addition of 4 rooms and much remodeling over the years...it is "home sweet home" to me. I have only visited the city...to say "Chicago was overwhelming to me"...is the understatement of the year! To me there is nothing like the hills of green...the rustling of the wind...where it is so quiet that you really can hear it...the sweet singing of the birds...where all you can see is grass...trees and flowers...that is the life for me! Oh...and sitting on the front porch swing enjoying a cup of coffe in the early morning watching the sun come up...or sitting with my family after a long hard day...yes this really is the life!!!

So glad you are getting to enjoy being in the country!

Hugs!

Judy

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile
What part of KY do you live in? I'm outside of Caneyville.

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  6:14:03 PM  Show Profile
Amen Judy!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.

Edited by - nubidane on May 25 2013 6:14:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  7:32:33 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been on here for a long time , but miss everyone, I live in Knob Lick Ky between Glasgow and Edmonton, Lisa I miss you so much

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  8:35:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Wilma. Keith and I hope to get over to your neck of the woods sometime this summer. Today was another gorgeous one and would have been a good day for a ride but we got busy and never left the homestead. Hope you're well.

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  08:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey that would be great,I also have a shop in Cave City if you like antiques

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  10:35:10 AM  Show Profile
I do love antiques but your primative furniture on Knob Lick is to die for! See you soon.

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  2:41:33 PM  Show Profile
Nancy I am open Wed thru Sat 9----4 Have lots

more prims now

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  2:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the schedule. See you in a few weeks.

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  3:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi All :-) I have to chime in as I just returned from a bus trip to KY. What a gorgeous state indeed ;-) Someone once told me, that it reminds them of Ireland. Well, I seen wonderful old rock fences that stretched for miles & outlined many farms property, just like Ireland. Also, I must say I met some of the most friendly folks & my soul was blessed so many times, it was bursting. Just an enjoyable time & state to visit :-)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  08:39:53 AM  Show Profile

Madeline,

Thank you for your sweet compliments about our wonderful state and the people here. Every place has it's problems but it is a wonderful place to live. Most people around here truly are genuine souls.

Nancy to your question about my location...I live not too far from the KY/TN border in the southeastern part of the state near Middlesboro.

Hugs!

Judy

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  11:50:01 AM  Show Profile
I think I've been through your area when we were looking for our little piece of KY Heaven. Other than the big cities, I haven't seen a bad part of KY. Today is another blessing from God with 80 temp, low humidity and a calm breeze...not a cloud in the sky.

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  12:59:05 PM  Show Profile
It is beautiful here today also. The good Lord has truly looked down on us this Spring with beautiful weather. I was up and out on my front porch before 6:30 A.M. this morning. I love early mornings here. We have our own little sanctuary here in one part of our yard. Birds of all kinds, squirrels, rabbits, and sweet little ground squirrels...and the bees and butterflies adorning the flowers. The birds are always busy early morning. Chirping...eating...carrying food to their babies...what a busy life:):):)and the squirrels come over sometimes to share the bird feed when they have eaten all their corn:):):)I just love the country and all of the beautiful surroundings. My dryer got a rest today too. Lots of laundry hanging out to dry in the warm sunshine!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Edited by - wildflower17 on Jun 15 2013 12:59:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  1:37:32 PM  Show Profile
I was on the 400 mile sale. I believe we visited Glasgow, Caneyville, Knob Lick & Edmonton, among others. I was so enamored of the little towns that still have operating businesses, they survived WalMart & Malls. Just Wonderful....

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  05:37:33 AM  Show Profile
Madeline if you were in Edmonton and Glasgow you were in 3 miles of me, would have loved to meet you

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  07:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Wilma :-) Plans are being made to return next year ;-) Would love to meet you also :-) I was just looking through the literature they gave us about the Highland Games held there. I fell in love with the rock fences we seen on I believe was RTE. 68 ???

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Perfect Day in Kentucky! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page