Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 "4871 Glamping Farmgirls" - - another adventure!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Outpost: Previous Topic "4871 Glamping Farmgirls" - - another adventure! Next Topic
Page: of 7

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  7:50:13 PM  Show Profile
That was so awesome, I love being able to follow you all around and seeing Mary Jane was the greatest.
Thanks for sharing your trips.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  8:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
And, across the street from Mary Jane's store in Coeur D'Alene is Hudsons Hamburgers. In business for over 100 years serving the best, basic burger! Had to run over there for a quick burger for lunch!

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  9:00:10 PM  Show Profile
CJ thanks so much for posting the photos. What a great time everyone is having :) I love seeing everyone's smiling face

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  6:28:35 PM  Show Profile
This is so awesome to read. You can really feel the excitement and fun. Thank you gals for all the wonderful pictures.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  7:55:40 PM  Show Profile
I love the pic of you and your sweet daughter, CJ. JUST BEAUTIFUL. It makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  8:04:11 PM  Show Profile
MY LAURIE!!!! You are as cute as a button in the group pictures.
You are now an official glamper girl. Hoot hoot.
I still say when we get really settled in Kerrville that we need to do some glamping. Did I misspell that per ciliate word again? Sorry if I did. I am so jealous that others are getting to spend time with my Laurie friend. But I hope y'all are all having a grand time full of laughter. Hugs to all. Twenty hugs to Laurie. LOL
More pictures, please.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message

At the Farm Chicks Glamper Gathering at Riverside State Park, Spokane, WA

Going to and enjoying the "Aloha Cowgirl" dinner and festivities!

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jun 12 2013 9:16:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  03:19:06 AM  Show Profile
CJ and Robin,
Those Aloha pictures are a hoot and a half! I think those SOTF girls are a bit more on the wild side than us farmgirls! LOL.
Love it (and I did happen to several wine bottles on the Tiki Bar- are they empty???)

Marly- thank you for your sweet words and warm hugs! I had such a great time glamping with the girls. And YES you need to do a trial run of glamping in Kerrville, so that you can come join us on our next adventure girlfriend!
Big, Big hugs to you my friend!

And to everyone looking at the pictures and saying "hmmm, I wonder if it is as much fun as it looks like in the pictures?" the answer is a great big YES!!! And then some!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  06:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
In case you don't recognize her, the Aloha Cowgirl on the left in the yellow crinoline is our own farmgirl Karen Bates! Isn't she fun!?!?

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  06:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Laurie,
The bottles started out full and ended up empty, BUT there were 40+ glampers there sharing it!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  08:27:20 AM  Show Profile
yep, we 'SOTF' gals are pretty much crazy,,, but then you ad 'MJF gal' to the equation... and you get over the top zaniness!
CeeJay & Birdie were as Laurie put it,,, "a hoot-n-a-half".... Seriously! lolololol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  08:31:58 AM  Show Profile
oh and as for CDA,,, I luv driving over (about a 45min drive) to Coeur d'Alene and spending the afternoon on the Pier and then strolling around what I call 'tourist ave.'... across from the Resort... Lots of fun shops and of course the MJF shop...
Every time we have out of town visitors we drag them over for lunch and a stroll... but the real enjoyment is strolling through the little old neighborhood around the resort... the residents really are pleasant and friendly.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  10:35:32 AM  Show Profile
CJ- glad you and Robin had plenty of help wine tasting...LOL.
Sorry I missed that portion of the trip- it looks like so much fun, and YES Grace- I agree- when you ad MJF gals to any equation it surely livens things up a notch! Loved CDA- well, actually loved Mary Jane's Store (had to contain myself in there big time!) but I did manage to get a few lovely things! Patsy and Jo were so accommodating and sweet- they made the whole experience that much nicer!
AND of course as CJ said- the hamburgers across the street at Hudsons were totally delicious!
Oh what fun!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - laurentany on Jun 13 2013 10:39:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  6:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Throw Juli and Mig in the mix and you have . . .well, huh, just a whole lot more "Aloha Cowgirl" fun!

Think this "Aloha Cowgirl" is having a good time?

Sunday morning it rained and rained . . . and rained some more . . . and we were packing up. We were soaked and I mean SOAKED, as was a lot of our gear. We just put on our swim goggles and giggled!

And, there is Shannon in front of Grace's "Lei Tree"!

Mom, Jean in the center with her daughters, Pam and Debbie. Such a delight these ladies were!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  11:58:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh that was so much fun seeing all of these photos, I have enjoyed your trip so much.
Keep it up.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  3:22:25 PM  Show Profile
Yes indeed, thank you for sharing the photos. It looks like all had a grand time. In my career days I did a lot of conference planning, etc. and I can see all the details y'all did, a considerable amount of planning and setting up. It was great to see you having fun!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  3:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh to have met Mary Jane, Megan and all the other farmgirls is like a dream come true. One Day.
Hugs,
Debbie

"There is nothing better than to end a bad day covered in dog slobber!"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  9:53:18 PM  Show Profile
oh how I so enjoy looking at these pics... I'll be camping w/Juli & Mig in the end of July... and I had dinner with Vicky (in the pink flamingo glasses) this past Thursday nite...
Gr8t memories.... and you two,,, every time I look at the googles I think of you two! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  08:53:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie and sisters,
Yes, meeting Mary Jane and Megan is a wonderful experience. Looking back on my experience at a glamping event in Coeur d'Alene two years ago, I just was at a loss for words really. Suddenly all my communication skills went out the window. However, I found them both to be so kind, open, and intelligent and managed to get a few ideas across to them as I introduced myself. They exude commitment to making a rewarding life for themselves and showing others how to plow forward within the constraints around us. Even with all the work on their plates and notoriety, they are free and easy to be around, grounded and joyful. I know my conversation with Mary Jane was one filled with concerns on how rapidly things seem to be declining and Mary Jane was so supportive and told me basically that things are okay in our world. Her wisdom gently reminded me we have to choose our battles, make our own life as we see fit, implementing as much as possible the good things that we see being taken away in the larger world. So, within my walls, I incorporate what is good and useful and then try to also be a steward to others I come in contact with. She gave me a boundary that needed strengthening, because I was so sorrowful at the state of decline. Now, even though I see decline, I make "my world" enjoyable using the principles and philosophy of the Mary Jane Farmgirl Sisterhood, sharing knowledge, truth, skills, and warnings. When a topic comes up amongst people I know, I gently remind others of consequences to some of our cultural behaviors and I work to make my world filled with what worked in the past to bring a fruitful life. Mary Jane and Megan are down to earth, humble, hard working, diligent women who value family, friendship, community, and stepping along the journey of life, soaking in all that is good. They sow the seeds of self-help, courage, and risk taking with research behind it. I truly enjoyed meeting Mary Jane, Megan, and her staff. All great ladies with a mission and love of living. It was inspirational and gave me an organization to connect with as I make my life taking what is good.
Best to all! Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  12:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Our glamp site at the Farm Chicks Riverside State Park gathering near Spokane, WA the first weekend of June.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  1:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
When you get rained and rained on . . . and RAINED ON! And, you, your tent, your canopy and many other things are soaked . . . and it continues to rain. Well, implement Plan "B" . . . and glamp up a KOA cabin, while you let things dry out before going to your second glamper gathering!!

And, put up your feet with a cup of coffee . . . looking forward to the next gathering!

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  5:55:36 PM  Show Profile
CJ and Robin,
Love the pictures and what you did to the cabin! Sure does look like home sweet home.
I am glad that you and Robin got to experience this amazing journey together, and thank you for inviting me to share in part of it with you.
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  6:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We enjoyed carrot cake with coffee a couple evenings at our "Cabin Glamp" setting. Given to us by Grace . . aka "katmom". As we were packing up from the Riverside State Park glamper gathering . . in the POURING, SOAKING rain, I might add . . she insisted we take the cake.

Please notice the sticker on the top . . . and I can attest to the fact that this cake MOST DEFINITELY DID "come in contact with nuts"!! And I don't mean the kind you eat . . . I mean a whole campground full of glamper girls who were totally "nuts" . . FUN!!!! CRAZY!
Such a MEMORY!

P.S. You can see it in one of the photos . . Mr. Cock-a-Doodle Blue is keeping guard by sitting on it.

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jun 16 2013 6:13:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  8:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Wow!! What an amazing trip! Someday.... sigh....

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  8:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh that was so great! I love what you girls did to the cabin, I can just imagine the good times you are having and all those special memories you all are making together.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Outpost: Previous Topic "4871 Glamping Farmgirls" - - another adventure! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page