vintageviolet
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Michele
Healdsburg CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  10:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I am happy to be here and so excited about all of the information on this site!

I live in the beautiful Napa Valley and have most of my life. I am 39, (HELLO 40 I see you). My husband is a Wine Maker/ Vineyard Manager. I stay at home with my 2 kids, Daughter 8 and son 4. We have cows, chickens, turkeys, German Shepards and a pig but it is not on the property. I am super busy with our Wine business but find time to knit as much as possible. I work for yarn one day a week at a very inspiring knitting shop in the Valley. The shop is my outlet, you know something that I do for me!

One of my hobbies is collecting vintage trailer stuff, I am slowly fixing up a 1965 Silverstreak that my DH bought me. I love it and hope to take it out on its maiden voyage this summer to Oregon.

I love living in the country and could not imagine living in town again. I have to hear the coyotes and see all the bird life and I must have those crickets and frogs to put me to sleep.

Oh so happy to be here, and looking forward to meeting some of you fabulous "Farm Girls"!

Michele
In Napa Valley

Edited by - vintageviolet on Oct 22 2006 8:57:07 PM

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  11:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I use to go to Napa with my grandmother as a kid to watch the balloon festival does that still happen. it was amazing to see so many hot air balloons in the sky all at once. I just love Napa sucha beautiful place welcome to the group and thank you for the memory of my youth.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

vintageviolet
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Michele
Healdsburg CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  11:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sunshine,
I am not sure if the festival still takes place. I really think I would know just by looking up. I think that was a big deal in the 70's & 80's. I remember in the late 70's my fathers cousin took a balloon photo at the festival that was featured on our local phone book cover.

But, ballooning is still a big deal here. In fact every morning when I drive my kids to school one of the fun things that we do is count the balloons in the sky. That is really one of my favorite things about our hectic mornings.

Michele
In Napa Valley
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  12:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Michele!! I have been to Napa many times..what a lovely area you live in!!! I grew up south of there on the central coast..have only been in Utah for a little over 4 years. I remember seeing the balloon festival featured on tv.
You will find alot of other knitters here too..me included. What do you like to knit best? I like socks! But I seem to knit alot of dishcloths too.
Anyway..you will love it here..these gals are the best!! I am so glad you found us!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  12:08:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle and Welcome! You found a bunch of kindred spirits here for sure. When you have a chance, check out page 3 of the Outpost Topic and look for "On the road in an Airstream". Some of us are dreaming the same dream, have fun getting caught up on new and old posts, there's lots of info and fun too! Glad you found us!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

vintageviolet
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Michele
Healdsburg CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  12:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, I printed out the airstream thread and read it in bed the other night. I have been a Sisters on the Fly lurker for years too. When the kids get older I plan on catching up with them on some fishing trips. Fishing is one of my very favorite things to do.

Michele
In Napa Valley

Edited by - vintageviolet on Oct 21 2006 12:34:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  12:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh how I love to fish!!! I don't know how to fly fish (yet) but my oldest son loves it and ties his own flies and all..I just want so badly to learn some day. I even got a new fishing rod and reel from that very son (casting not fly) this year for my birthday. I think fishing is one of the most fun and relaxing things to do!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  4:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michele -

Welcome to the group. I have never been to Napa, one place in California I haven't been. I do read alot about it though in the regional magazines, such as Sunset. Beautiful place. Sounds like you have a busy life. If you make up it all the way up here to Portland, I can show you the sights. Again, welcome to the group.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  6:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michele,
what a wonderful life you have before you! glad that you joined us!

Pennie

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  08:02:34 AM  Show Profile
Welcome!! I have never been to Napa Valley, but I love Wine from there....

newheart

Love of friends and family makes the world go round..and always a little Chocolate....

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  08:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome and Enjoy!!

Life may not be the party we hoped for...But while we are here we might as well dance!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  11:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, Michele, and welcome to an awesome collection of farm chicks, some vintage and some not!! Your chatroom name fills me with a sense of happiness and peace. I'd imagine you differently if it were "Cha Cha Chartreuse"! Welcome!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

vintageviolet
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Michele
Healdsburg CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  08:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Good to meet all of you Farm girls. Thank you for the happy, kind and welcoming words. Hey Miss. Nance in France, you are funny frenchie. I think if you asked my honey hunk he would say that I definately have a little "Cha Cha Chartreuse" in me.

Michele
In Napa Valley

Edited by - vintageviolet on Oct 24 2006 08:59:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  09:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, Michele. All I can respond to your last post is, "Ooo la la!!!" Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New from Napa Valley! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page