Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Toby my dog -10-16-13 Has crossed over.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Toby my dog -10-16-13 Has crossed over. Next Topic
Page: of 3

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  07:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Linda, Be strong for your Toby and shower him with love. You have made all of the right decisions. My Sophie's collar still hangs on its own peg in our hallway amongst the other pegs crammed with leashes and halters we use for the rest of the pack and I refuse to take it down or put it away.
Hugs to you and scritches to Toby.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  09:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You made the right and best deicision for him, Linda. I lost my dog to cancer after letting his leg be amputated and the cancer came back in 6 months worse than before. I'd never do that again. He was such a brave guy through it all. I wish I could mail you my shoulder to cry on. I'm crying for you right now. Never doubt you've been a wonderful mom to Toby.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  10:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
I'm crying as I write this and can hardly see what I;m writing. First let me say that Toby and your family are in my prayers for Peace and Comfort through this difficult time. You made the correct decision. Love is what it's all about and you love him enough to let him go intact and with dignity and living his life happy to the end. Our furry friends are such a Blessing to us so I hope through all your sadness you can cherish all the days you have left and take lots of pictures! God Bless and Farm Sister love.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  4:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to send you a hug and let you know I will be praying for you, your family and Toby.
I am a pet lover and have gone through this. We love our pets with all of our souls. They truly
are the one thing on this planet that are close to perfection. God Bless you.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  10:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sweet Linda,

My prayers have been and continue to be with you and Toby and your family. I know how hard this is, I've been through it, too. You are doing the best thing you can. Give him all the love you can and cherish each moment. Toby looks so much like my Bonnie. I know he is a sweet dog, you can tell by his sweet face. You have given him a good life, rescuing him and loving him that much. No doggie could ask for more.

Spend the time you have with your baby. Hugs and prayers to you all.

Much love,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  10:21:55 AM  Show Profile
Dear Linda, keeping you, your family and Toby in my prayers. Your decision took courage, it comes down to quality of life not quantity. Hugs to you. Karla
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  08:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda.. I'm so sorry... Toby was a such beautiful dog and looked so happy. When our son saw his picture, he got very choked up - Toby looked so much like our Pawlee. Soon she'll join him and they'll be running in the fields chasing butterflies together. You are all in our prayers. Sending big hugs to you, sister - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  2:03:28 PM  Show Profile
I am saddened by Toby's passing...Linda...you gave him so much of life and he loved you so! your family will ache but he will run free and wait for you! my heart aches along with you.....prayers and hugs!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  4:29:05 PM  Show Profile
Linda, my heart is aching for you. No one can say anything to lessen the pain you're feeling but please know you're in my prayers. I do hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Toby experienced lots and lots of love and sweet times with you and yours.

Many hugs to you,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  6:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Linda,

I am so sorry to hear that sweet Toby passed today. I'm glad he got to cross over in the comfort of his own home. I know your heart is broken and I wish there was something more I could say. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Big giant hugs to you,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  6:36:17 PM  Show Profile
I talked to Linda tonight and she described Toby perfectly. He was a gentleman. I met him several times, and after a few warning barks to let his mom know I was there, he would greet me, wag his tail and nuzzle me for some attention. He was a special boy, and will be sorely missed, but Linda, I can somehow feel him with us.
Blessings sister!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
My heart is breaking for you. What an act of love to know that when the time came you could do what no one wants to do. Love and memories will get you through this. He was beautiful and you were lucky to have him as he was to have you. Prayers and love for your comfort and peace.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for your super kind words. I cry just reading everyone's post. I know it just takes time to grieve and just have to take it one day at a time. He has left a huge hole in my heart and life. I am thankful I have Darla here in the house to love and comfort me and I her. You all are blessing.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5082 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5082 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:43:30 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I would like to share something our vet told me and my hubby some years ago, when we had to put out cat Toonces to sleep, he was 20 years old and so very sick. Over the course of 40 years,we have had to say good bye too many times to our Precious Fur babies. Our vet said, "Pets have no thought of tomorrow, They play and eat and love for today," "But we know there is hope of Tomorrow and that we will be so sad without them. So that If they are suffering and we can stop the pain, then we must. It is our gift to give to our beloved pet. It never gets any easier, no matter how old they are, and how many you have lost. The pain will be replaced someday with sweet memories of your Toby. Your in my heart and my prayers. Hugs. Connie
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  08:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda,

I am so so sorry for the loss of Toby. I know that this has been so difficult for you and your family. I know what it is like and I have been and am continuing prayers for all of you for the Lord to heal your hearts, to bring you comfort and peace and to give you strength. I am sorry.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  4:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I just saw your post about Toby. I am so sorry for your loss. Please find comfort in knowing that you gave Toby a wonderful home for the past 8 year, and that not only did he touch your life in so many ways,but you touched his as well.
Hugs to you during this difficult time.

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  5:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Dear Linda, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss of Toby. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  7:38:40 PM  Show Profile
OH I am so sorry for your loss of Toby. He knew he was loved, and that is the greatest gift there is. Sending you Hugs and prayers

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  09:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Linda I am so sorry for your loss. I hope during this time you can be comforted with all the wonderful memories you have of Toby.
Animals come into our lives and quickly become a part of our lives, and a part of our family.
I am praying that you find peace during this difficult time, and know that we are all here for you.
((hugs))

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  3:14:43 PM  Show Profile
This is not the best picture of Toby and Darla but this was how they were. Together all the time. Darla really misses her buddy. She just loved him so much.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  8:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Dog is God spelled backwards. Their love is true. I know it was hard to let Toby go, I still miss my Boxer. You never forget them.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  4:59:24 PM  Show Profile
You have my heartfelt tears and sympathies, and I thank you for all you did for your wonderful friend, Toby.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  7:19:54 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for your loss. This poem always reminds me that my pets are waiting for me on the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm counting my blessings today instead of my calories.

Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a very large amount of gratitude. A.A.Milne

Jenny, Blessed Sister #4359
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  8:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Linda, so sorry to hear of your dear Toby's passing. Hugs. The Rainbow Bridge piece is lovely..I'll bet that is just the way it happens.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  8:39:12 PM  Show Profile
I have read that in the past and I have always hoped it would be that way. I sure do miss my Toby.
It will be a week tomorrow since he left us and I have to say its been really hard.Darla is having such a hard time without Toby. I worry about her she keeps looking for him.I hope she will adjust.She is an inside dog so at least she has us to hang out with.
We have lost so many rescues over the years and it never gets any easier. It seems harder with each one. But we have been blessed to have so many wonderful pets who have left their mark on our hearts forever. Lots of good memories for sure and glad we have them. We still have 3 dogs and 7 cats.I am so glad.

Thanks ladies for your wonderful kind words.Hugs to you each and everyone of you your all such sweet peas.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Oct 22 2013 8:40:36 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Toby my dog -10-16-13 Has crossed over. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page