Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Share Your Sour Dough Starter?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Share Your Sour Dough Starter? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  07:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Dana, Ronna and anyone else,

I also have starter... and now that I know about the boxes, I can mail some sourdough out. Just make sure you email me and straighten it out with Ronna, if you want any.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  08:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
I would love some starter. Who should I e-mail?

3 Blue Start Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  11:53:36 AM  Show Profile
To all of you with Ronna's starter, It has great flavor! Use it, remember you can add it to everything you bake for extra flavor. I add it to my regular bread for flavor as well as plain traditional sourdough recipes. I have an old Alaskan sourdough book that is dedicated to using sourdough, I'm going to check and see if it is still in print!! It's a treasure! All hand written with history about sourdough in Alaska. It was definitely a staple here. Ronna, you are a gem! jo

north to alaska.....
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile
Jo, is that Alaska Sourdough by Ruth Allman? I have a signed copy, have had it for years. If it's still in print, bet it's not still $4.95. Also have Sourdough Jacks cookbook, Adventures in Sourdough cooking and baking by Charles D. Wilford and a large paperback Sourdough Cookery by Rita Davenport. I think I've used it and the one you have more than others, but all have interesting info and recipes. Anyone interested in Sourdough and it's many uses would do well to find any of these books. Thanks for the compliment, especially from someone familiar and experienced with using starter. Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  1:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Having heard from Ronna, I've emailed Betty Jo and will send her some starter on Monday, as long as I have the address.

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile
This is so generous of you Ronna and Ann. If possible please add me to the next batch going out. Who should I email with my address?

Thanks again,
mag
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  2:53:58 PM  Show Profile
I think Ann is taking care of these for now. I still have a few requests from before Ann offered to send out some of hers that I will mail. I'm going to swap with her, too, and we can compare. Each starter has it's own distinct flavor. Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:55:16 PM  Show Profile
My server was down earlier today, so I just saw my emailed addresses. Betty Jo, Mag, and Ronna should be getting their starter after I mail it tomorrow.

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  5:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ann. Mine arrived today. I will try it out this weekend and let you know how I do.

thanks again,
mag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Share Your Sour Dough Starter? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page