Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please keep me in your prayers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep me in your prayers Next Topic
Page: of 2

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  06:45:00 AM  Show Profile
****first phone interview today***** trying to stay strong and positive!!!

I don't like asking again and again.
This job of mine that I used to love has become so difficult with my new supervisor. The stress is taking it's toll on me physically and emotionally. I have been hitting the pavement trying to find something new, and just haven't found something as of yet. The stress with the supervisor is wearing my spirit down and I don't care for feeling sad all the time. Trying to pull up the bootstraps and spending a lot off time on my good knee- the other is still very stiff and sore from surgery!! :)
Thank you from the bottom of my heart friends!!
Love to all of you!!

Lori

Well- I have a phone interview this Friday for a new position. Working on my resume, and will be getting that to the new company tomorrow. Please send any prayers and good vibes my way. I need out of this horrible stressful position. Thank you friends!!

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.

Edited by - crafter on May 17 2013 06:14:49 AM

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  06:57:18 AM  Show Profile
Lori,
Keep your spirits up. I'm praying you will find a good replacement job soon and that until then you can keep your head up and not let the new supervisor win. Remember you are a person of value and don't let that jerk take that knowledge away from you.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  07:05:50 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I am trying so hard and she is just breaking me down...I have never ever been reprimanded for such nonsense in my life- they recently said I was no longer to hum or sing when walking down the hallway or in the breakroom- most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  08:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Hang in there Lori! You are in my prayers. Unfortunately, I know what you are going through and it isn't easy. I pray you get find a new job quickly or better still, they get rid of your boss!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  09:13:36 AM  Show Profile
not allowed to hum????
there have to be laws about stupid discriminatory behavior like that....oh lori........

i'll hum for you! sending hugs as well as prayers.....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  09:39:28 AM  Show Profile
please hum...they have taken away things that make me happy, not allowed to talk to patients- just check them in and sit'em down... it's so sad!!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  12:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Not allowed to talk to patients, that's is so absurd. I am keeping you in my prayers Lori. That you find another job, a better one. If that supervisor keeps that up people will notice and they might be looking for another place to go. Is it a doctors office? I will be sending hugs and prayers.
Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  1:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lori,
They are very sad people there where you work and so they don't want anyone else to be happy. I will certainly pray for a good job to come to you very soon.
love and prayers
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  2:44:52 PM  Show Profile
Lori, prayers for you. I know what it is like to work under those conditions. I used to work at a place like that and ended up in the hospital with heart problems from all the stress I went through, then one thing after another with my health. I had to quit working. Hope you find a better job soon, and one that you will really like.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  3:28:36 PM  Show Profile
What a day- the stress is so thick we could cut it with a knife. I love what I do and taking care of the patients in the very small way that I do. They are special to me. Healthcare in no longer about taking care of people- all about the bottom line. It is a sad sad situation that we are in. I will keep looking and hunting...I don't care where it is as long as I can be around people and try and help them. Now, stating that I still need to have decent health insurance...Natalie is at home and I don't want her to have to worry about that when college rolls around. Something has to give and I am praying it isn't my sanity- the little I have left!! :)
Thank you so much for the prayers- I feel the strength!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  4:31:38 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
I am praying for you sister. Your work environment sounds absolutely horrible, and your supervisor sounds like she needs to take a long walk off a very short pier! Ugh.
I'm sorry that someone as sweet as you is stuck in such a miserable workplace.
I get a little bit of that from one or two of my co-workers. I am a happy go lucky person who always smiles, and apprantely this irritates some rather unhappy people. They cant stand the fact of a happy person since they are miserable. Oh well.
Praying that another door opens for you very soon.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  4:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
So sad that these unhappy people have to bring down everyone else with them.
Don't they realize that happy employees means happy, well patients?
I'll be praying for you and that you find a new and better job.
FG hugggs

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6634 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6634 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  4:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Remember Lori, your farmgirl sisters are always here for you with thoughts, prayers and a shoulder to cry on. Hang in there and follow your heart and just be you, the special farmgirl that you are.
You are in my thoughts, heart and prayers.
Hugs,
DEbbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  5:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Lori when you go in always have a smile. Everyone will wonder well what is up. You can drive them crazy, believe me sad people don't like that.
They want everyone to be pitiful like they are.
I worked at a nursing home for a long time. My wing was 18 patients. They always had a smile for me, because I had one for them. I went on vacation and when I got back. The other people were so happy. We're glad your back. All I heard was Marlene didn't do it like that. We'll be glad when she gets back. I spoiled them rotten.

But you are right Lori the health care system is the dollar bill. Residents and patients come last. It is so so sad.

But will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Lori. I am giving you a BIG HUG!!!!!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  8:39:33 PM  Show Profile
My sweet Lori, you will be in my prayers and in my heart. One week from today I will be in Texas getting settled. Maybe you need a vacation to Texas to clear your head. That vacation will come with lots of hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  03:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Uhhhh......what??? You're not allowed to hum?? I am completely dumbfounded by that one. When is your supervisor leaving? I thought you said she was leaving soon. Hope this is still the case!

I will see you at Longaberger tomorrow and you can tell me all about it!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  06:14:07 AM  Show Profile
she has been demoted, she kept saying she was going to leave and not try for another position, but she decided to take a receptionist job and will be sitting next to me...she has been there for about 6 weeks now- I have been hitting the pavement, was up late applying online. Thank goodness for teenagers- Nat hepled me find some good options- teenagers are so awesome with computers!!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  07:52:03 AM  Show Profile
Eghads... I'll be praying for you, too, Lori. I'm so sorry you're going through this, but very glad you're finding options! Kids on the computer really are a blessing - it's amazing, isn't it?! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  06:31:35 AM  Show Profile
I ended up leaving yesterday for the afternoon, I couldn't stop crying. The stress is so intense and it is breaking me right down. Today I am back for the morning, I have no voice, I reception...I kinda sound like a man but a tad bit squeakier!! I slept yesterday from 12:30pm until 7:10am...this is not right. I'm thinking about taking a leave of absence...I can't really afford to miss work, but I need to get some help to learn how to handle this for as long as I am here. Thank you again for the prayers!!!!
Love to all of you!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  06:51:01 AM  Show Profile
Lori,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything get's better soon.

much love
big hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  06:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Lori,
Hang in there and keep looking for a new place. Most would be lucky to have you! Don't succumb to their breaking you down. Misery loves company, don't give them the satisfaction. I know it is hard but you have to just take a deep breath and keep smiling. It will make you feel better and they can't reprimand you for smiling. Saying a little prayer for you.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  4:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Lori, you definitely do not deserve all this. You are in my prayers, please do try as Diane says and keep a smile. Let the rest be miserable if they choose. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  8:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Lori, Take care and take a break before you are broken by them. They won't be happy until they do it. I will definitely raise my prayers up to God to help you find that new and better job.
blessings.
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  04:38:58 AM  Show Profile
back to work today- I was home ill on Monday and then I was off for a funeral yesterday~ already took my anxiety medication, and hopefully I can make the 8 hours ahead of me! Thank you for your prayers!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  09:05:29 AM  Show Profile
lori..continuing hugs and prayers- so she got denoted and now she is closer to up in your face...dear girl you are strong....and you have all of us holding you up!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Not strong at all...she has been very careful with her demotion to make sure the next supervisor is aware of her feelings toward me..today I was written up, one for being sick on friday and monday with bronchitis...this is the craziest crap ever- I have never ever had a disiplanry action from a job in my life!! My parents another story. this place has driven me off the deep end...I will be doing some counseling within the next couple of days. Oh the stress this has caused me is unbelievable!!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep me in your prayers Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page