Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 15

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee, I received your postcard yesterday and I just love all the secrets that LA hold, we always love to come visit. We live close enough that we usually make it a day trip. Lots of fun, thanks for the reminder.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  09:01:52 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, received your postcard yesterday and I have to say I've never been to Missouri but would love to visit someday. Have a great week. Thanks

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  10:17:28 AM  Show Profile
Many thanks to Becky,Beth,Marlene and Brenda for the colorful
postcards. Enjoying them all. Clipping them with minature clothespins
to a string draped across one wall of my craft room. They make lovely
minature works of art and remind me of my "MJF" sisters!

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  11:14:43 AM  Show Profile
beth and darlene's cards awaited me yesterday!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  12:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Got home today and there were 4 postcards waiting for me. Brenda I love the story of the Cascades, they look so beautiful.
Darlene your coast line is so different from here, how beautiful and natural looking.
From Beth different Sweet Home Alabama (love the movie) scenes.
From Marlene a beautiful picture of the state flower.
Thank you much, they are so enjoyable to get.
Karla
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  1:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It's Sunday morning in WET Washington! It wasn't raining we got up this morning, but it started as soon as we started to tear down and pack up our glampsite and it rained the ENTIRE time we were packing up. Our tent and canopy are WET, WET, WET. We were soaked through with dripping hair . . . rain jackets are water resistant but not water proof! We put on our swim goggles and made an adventure out of it.

If you REALLY want to see what we're up to go to the OUTPOST section and find our "4871 Glamping Farmgirls" thread! We're posting there and with pics.
Thanks all!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  06:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the sweet home Alabama postcard from Beth, the Cascades from Brenda in Mi, Ferndale from Darlene i Calif, beautiful tulips from Wa from Peggy. So fun to get these in the mail.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  06:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Enjoying all of the beautiful post cards. Going to the post office box twice a week is becoming a real treat (instead of the usual bills and junk mail). :-)

Blessings - Kristi

Make Today Count (MTC)!!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  11:38:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carole, received your postcard today and love the picture of the courthouse. My hubby like to read about old courthouses. Thanks

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile
I have received a few postcards, and will try to get some out this week. Thank you!

Farmgirl Sister #800

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Our Family Store: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  5:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Wow! We just returned from vacation to Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. DH picked up the mail and we both got a real kick out of all the postcards!
Thanks to: Brenda for the Jackson, MI Cascades card. I'll have to look that up! To: Beth Jones from Sweet Home, AL. To: Darlene for the Redwoods and a fave poem. I've never seen a real redwood. To: Marlee for the Beignets recipe! Yum! To:Carole from Tombstone. Looks like the Bird Cage would be fun to visit. I love Arizona!To: Stephanie from Missouri. I used to live in KCMO. Have been through Springfield. And, Thanks to Marlene. Another Iowa farmgirl. Wow! Small world. Those wild roses bloom at the edge of our woods.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  6:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

Thank you to Becky from Florida,Beth from alabama, Darlene from California, Marlene from Iowa, Brenda from Michigan, Marlee from Louisiana,Carole from Arizona, and Stephanie from Missouri.

All of the cards are great. You are all very prompt and organized.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  10:02:51 PM  Show Profile
I am glad you are getting my postcards now, I was a little worried about the Post Office.
They came through yay!
hugs.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  07:37:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi all my sweet sisters, I was gone a few days. I stayed with an elderly lady for a few days and when I come home , my mailbox was full of Postcards. Whoohoo!

Stephanie from Missouri. I have been to Missouri and it is beautiful up there so thank you Stephanie.
Connie from TN. Oh thank you for the cookie recipe and peanut butter goes fast around here. I have been to TN a lot of times Beautiful.
Marlene from Iowa. Love the Flower, though I have never been to Iowa love to go.
Brenda from MI .Oh the Cascades look wonderful would love to see that in person.
Beth from Al. Been there a lot . I loved it.
Darlene from Ca. Oh the North coast is pretty. Been to Ca. once and I always wanted to drive the coast line.
Peggy, Wash. I love Tulips they are one of my favorites. The colors are so bright.

Thank you all, I love the postcard swap. You can visit a lot of places and not leave the house. My mother always told me that was why she always liked to read.

HUGS Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  08:17:18 AM  Show Profile
Marlee...I absolutely agree with your Mother about reading. Right now in the book I am reading I am doing a
European Tour. LOL

I love the Postcards for that reason too. ~ A year ago, one of the Farm Sisters made me a Travel Photo Book and
I chuckled when I got it...because other than Wash, Idaho, Oregon and a little bit in Canada...I never travel. So
I kind of thought it was a nice gift but would never get used. Boy was I wrong...IT IS PERFECT FOR THE POST CARD SWAP.
And I am having fun filling it, a year later.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  10:34:19 AM  Show Profile
That will be a really special book for you Peggy.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:54:50 PM  Show Profile
I got another postcard in the mail. Whoohoo! Thank you Carole for the postcard of Tombstone. Been through Arizona and I love the rugged beauty.
Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  09:27:20 AM  Show Profile
thanks to marlee stephanie and carole for the great postcards. Marlene

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

MayFay
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Stephanie
MO
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  10:29:55 AM  Show Profile
In addition to the beach scenes from Becky and the lovely state flower from Marlene B, I've delightedly received:

Darlene sent beautiful redwoods!
Marlene C sent brown pelicans!
Brenda sent a small history of The Cacades in Michigan!
Carole sent tombstones from Tombstone (I'm going to look up those names and dates)!
Beth sent interesting scenes from Alabama!
Judith sent an historic hotel in Iowa!

I'm loving all the little bits of history and information about the states I'm receiving. And the wonderful farmgirl love.

Thank you all so much!

Farmgirl Sister #5093
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  11:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Loved the Tombstone Card from Carole (a place I have never been before but would love to see).

And then I got Stephanie's State Bird Card. The Blue Bird looks like what we call a Chickadee.

This is the only fun stuff coming to My Mail Box the last couple of weeks....so, nice to look forward
to The Farmgirl Mail as always.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  06:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all,
I have 4 postcards. Marlene from IA, the rose is lovely. Does it have a smell? They must add so much color to your highways.
Beth, for some reason, I did not realize you were in Alabama and so was surprised to get your card. I have been to your impressive State Capitol. Alabama is beautiful with good food and so much history.
My friend Darlene, how I wish I had known you were so close to the Redwood Forrest when we were there last year. We surely would have had tea together. The Redwoods are SO amazing! Some trees from the time of Christ. We drove our car thru the tree on the postcard. Your card brought back so many wonderful memories for Rod and I.
Brenda, I know so little about MI and had never heard of the Cascades. I had to google it because it interested me so and now of course, I want to go.
Thank you all. I love this swap. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  11:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farm Girl Sisters,

Received 3 more Post Cards.

The Bird Cage in Tombstone from Carole. It looks very interesting. Love to learn about history of the USA.

Missouri from Stephanie. I've been in Missouri and saw some of the things pictured on the Post Card. Wish I would have had more time to see more.

Ferndale from Darlene. The Victorian Village looks wonderful. I love that time in history. Would love to see that sometime.

Thanks for the great places to see. I agree with reading books also. You get to go to different places and different time periods.

Can't wait to get more Post Cards. Love this Swap!

Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  2:16:34 PM  Show Profile
I got a card from Carole with Tombstone on the front it is really great, I would love to go there to see all of Arizona. When I was growing up my grandmother had a subscription to Arizona Highways, I still love that magazine, there are so many beautiful photos in there, but it did magazine shrunk in size but still good.
I got a pretty postcard from Marlee and love the Louisiana sunset, beautiful!
Thanks
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  3:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Birdie for the beautiful postcard. Just makes you want to sit back and enjoy the end of the day!

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  01:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Robin/Birdie...Loved the Arizona Sunset Postcard. So Pretty! Thanks!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page