Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 15

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  12:14:17 AM  Show Profile
I got my first 10 Post Cards out today. I sort of have a little distraction at the Moment.

Please to introduce to you all...My Grandson Elijah Rainn Smith born on Memorial Day at 3:30 pm
Came in at 6 lbs 13 oz and 19.5 inches. They always say..."The Best Things Come In Small Packages"

He's A Charmer! Has Stolen This Grandmama's Heart already!!!

On Cloud Nine In Vancouver, WA ,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  04:27:19 AM  Show Profile
How sweet is he!! Congrats to you, Peggy!! Smiles,Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  04:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone, Just want you to know I have sent all my Post Cards out. This is great and so much fun! Love the Post Card Becky.

Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread

Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  04:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Peggy such a sweet baby, he's just perfect. Becky thanks for the first card out. So fun to hear about all the plans to get cards out. I'm looking forward to each one. Mine will not be going out till late July or early August. Waiting till after my vacation. So it will be a special post card. Don't you wonder where i'm going? Here's a clue, it's south of the equator.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

MayFay
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Stephanie
MO
USA
73 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  06:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Becky -- thanks for being fast and first! I love those Florida seasons. ;)
PeggyAnn -- congratulations to your whole family!

Farmgirl Sister #5093
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  09:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, thank you for the Post card. I love seashells. I will be going to my favorite vacation spot next week and another in late august. But I doubt I can wait that long to send out my Postcards.
Peggy, What an adorable baby. Congrats.
Tamara, I can't wait to see where you are going. It has to be exotic. (that can't be spelt right!)

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  1:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
You are all welcome. I had mine ready and was waiting for the list. Can't wait to receive yours from all over the place.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  1:45:44 PM  Show Profile
beautiful baby peggy ann. Being a grandma is such a wonderful thing and grandchildren are precious gifts. I have a baby grandson named elijah also. Can't wait to see all the amazing postcards. bought an album to put them in. Have a wonderful day!

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  4:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Becky , Thank you for my first postcard. Now I have to find a small photo album to put the in. Like I did last year. This is so much fun.
Whoohoo!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  12:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Just me, checking in . . .
On the road with my daughter and it'll be a while before we get our postcards out. But you girls keep on keeping on.
Enjoy!
CJ

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  12:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Okay,
Yes, we are "bobbinrobbin's" house and I just realized I posted under her log-in.
Sorry.
CJ

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3105 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3105 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  12:26:16 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
I just got your postcard of the cascades today and it was a trip down memory lane for me! I graduated 15 years ago from Stockbridge high school, but I moved there from Hanover-Horton my junior year. I went to the cascades for many school functions. I actually have a picture of my cheerleading squad in front of the cascades. I went to college in Ohio met my now husband and haven't been to Jackson since (my family moved). Thanks for the postcard and the wonderful trip down memory lane!
Heather

Farmgirl Sister #4701
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:46:14 PM  Show Profile
tammy; it will be fun getting one later on in the swap! i've never been south of the equator but close to it!
mine haven't come in yet so i dunno when they'll go out!
peggy-gosh what a cutie bugg!!!

brenda-rec'd your card today- are you a native of Jackson? i was born there! lived on South Thompson St or a few years (1954-late 1956) before moving to Ohio, The Sparks family and my adopted mothers' family were close friends- i didn't know Don but remember his widow Bede and their son, Cappy , who had a heart attack at like 14 years old old in the 1960's.i'm sure it was Don's parents or grands who donated the fountain etc.
Mom's parents (George Porter )lived on i think south franklin st in house that took a whole block!they died in a fire at clarklake before i was born.we summered at Clarkslake til i was 12 and we sold the cottage-some of my best memories in jackson area! i was last there in 2002 and visited my gramma's house on east ganson....and the place that i was born....small world!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on May 30 2013 3:48:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

MayFay
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Stephanie
MO
USA
73 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  06:34:15 AM  Show Profile
Marlene B -- I got your postcard yesterday. Thank you so much!

This is so fun! :)

My postcards were mailed this morning.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the postman today!

Farmgirl Sister #5093
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  1:18:31 PM  Show Profile
Marlene B I received your post card today with the Wild Prairie Rose on it. How beautiful a flower that is. I love it.
I think a few of my postcards might be delayed because some came back to my postoffice because I had my return address on the right side and they didn't read beyond my address to see yours, My good friend Dawn, the postmaster here in Loleta let me know but she already fixed it and sent them on.
I now know how not to address them.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  1:49:10 PM  Show Profile
Heather,

What a small world I graduated from Hanover-Horton High School in 1970. Just a few years before you. We must know some of the same people. Glad you liked the Post Card.

Brenda

Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  1:55:53 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,

Isn't it great the world is so small. I have lived in the Jackson area for almost all of my life. I know the street you lived on. I always lived in the country on Crouch Road. Did you ever here of the Crouch Murders that happened in the late 1800's or early 1900's? Found out the other day it's still an Open Case.

I didn't know anyone in the Sparks family though. Just what is told about them at the Park.

I, also, spent time at Clarklake at the county park there. Glad you liked the Post Card.

Brenda

Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on May 31 2013 1:57:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Loving all the Post Cards that are coming.

Loved Cape Mendocino from Darlene. Kind of a dreary day at the Beach...but I love everyday at the Beach.

The Cascades in Jackson Michigan from Brenda were fascinating.

Sweet Home Alabama had some pretty sights to see from Beth Jones.

And I love flowers...so loved the Wild Rose from Iowa sent by Marlene.

So, much fun to get these and see the things you enjoy about your STATE.

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  6:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone I hit the jackpot in the mail box today. Darlene got you postcard,love the poem about the trees. Hope to get to CA one day and see them for myself, thanks. Beth received your postcard today and just makes me want to come visit your state, thanks. Marlene love the state flower card you sent, thanks. Brenda what a cool card, those falls are something I would really like to see one day, thanks. Hi Peggy, what a beautiful site to see, thanks for the glimps of your beautiful state. Hope to get mine out soon.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  9:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherry
It would be great if you do get up here we can get together and meet.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  10:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm betting my hubby is really enjoying any cards that have come my way . . . . I'm not home and won't be until June 19th. But Robin and I are certainly enjoying our trip and time together.
This weekend we are glamping with a bunch of other wild, crazy, fun glamper girls! Most of them are not part of Farmgirl Connection but some are.
Having a ton of fun!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  3:39:31 PM  Show Profile
My postcards went out yesterday. I have received several cards and am enjoying the variety.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  8:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Got a couple more neat postcards today.

One from my buddy Connie Warren. Love those Ireland Cards Connie. Hey that Recipe sounds great
but I am on a diet! Bummer!!!

One from my friend Marlee of Azalea Road in Louisiana. Makes me want to take a walk on it.

CJ...hope you and Robin are having a BLAST!!! Dance while the Moonshines and giggle 'til dawn.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  10:04:39 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear you are having a fun, fun, time CJ. I will be waiting to hear more...
I received two neat cards in the mail today, One from Brenda with the neatest fountain that is really huge and changes color, Thanks Brenda.
The other card I recieved was from Beth Jones from Sweet Alabama and it has the State Capitol on one picture in Montgomery, the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, The Bellingrath Gardens in Mobile, Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham.
I love it thanks Beth.
I really love getting these post cards.
hugs
darlene

PS Peggy,I missed telling you that you have a beautiful grandson, or should I say handsome because of being a boy but he is still beautiful.

darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Aug 27 2013 8:09:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  06:04:35 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I got two more post cards yesterday. One from Marlene in Iowa and one from Beth in Alabama. These post cards are going to make me want to travel and see everything. This is great fun!

Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "POSTCARD SWAP" - State/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page