SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  11:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! My name is Sheena, and I recently joined the sisterhood. I'm originally from northern Illinois (corn and bean country!)and have been living in Montana for about four years now(wheat and cattle country!). I am just looking to introduce myself and maybe find some new friends!

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  12:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Sheena. I am sure you will make friends here. What are your hobbies? Do you have any animals?
Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. It's the farm girl way!

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sheena. Looking forward to getting to know you. I am from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  12:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcoming words! As far as hobbies are concerned, there are almost too many to name, but I will name a few! I have been exploring the crafting world for the past 10 years or so, mostly self-taught and through observing my mom and grandma. I love baking and creating new soups(tasty pies and delicious soup-making run deep on my mom's side of the family). Other than that I have been exploring the world of sewing, quilting, crocheting, knitting, and embroidery. I have a handsome yellow lab. Although I don't have any of my own, I have been working with horses lately, and I love it! I figure if I were to have a farm based on my knowledge and experience, the only farm I could have would be a cat farm...which would consist of me spoiling them and letting them crawl all over me and cuddle and nap all day in the sun! Haha!

Janet, have you ever seen Escanaba in da Moonlight? It's probably one of the strangest funny movies I have ever seen!

Looking forward to talking more with everyone!

~Sheena
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  12:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you could definitely keep busy with that crafting. I have been learning to knit though I am not very good at it.
But I just keep trying.

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  12:52:56 PM  Show Profile
I agree! Knitting is certainly not my forte! I learned quickly I am most certainly better at crocheting than knitting!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  1:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Yes, crocheting! I learned that a very young age from my mother and I love to crochet. It is so relaxing.

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  1:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Relaxing, easy, and fast! Why ever knit (I know, because it is pretty!)? I actually taught myself to knit before trying to crochet. After learning to crochet, I barely pick up the needles, mainly because it ends in frustration!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  1:16:19 PM  Show Profile
LOL! I know what you mean.

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  5:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheena welcome to a Wonderful World of awesome farm sisters. You will be so blessed. Happy to have you here!

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  7:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheena, Welcome!!! I love crafting too...looking forward to getting to know you. Everyone on the boards is very warm, welcoming and friendly...you will will love it here. Erica:)

Farm Girl #2731
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  7:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee and Erica! Thanks for the welcome!
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  7:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Erica, I just saw that you posted that you are moving to the Great Falls area this summer...do you know what town? I live about 25 miles from Great Falls!

~Sheena
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  8:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sheena! I hope you find your time here as great as I have already. I just started quilting not too long ago. And I have raised many cats also. A cat farm is a fab idea. Lol. Dogs too but I'm really a cat person. I have a craft of some kind going all the time. I would love to hear about Montana some time. How did you happen to land there?

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7628 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7628 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  9:14:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sheena
I am glad you are here. There are a lot of people here who crochet and sew and other fun stuff. I don't crochet very well but I can do it. I hand sew little Dotee dolls and do tangle that is similar to doodling and calligraphy and have lots of cats too.
I live up here in the Redwoods country and love it very much.
It is good to have you here.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  06:52:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jody and Darlene for the welcome!

Jody - I ended up here after graduating from school. My dad always told me about the time he spent in Montana while on leave from the Navy. I guess he sparked the fire of curiosity for Montana in me. I went to school for wildlife ecology and biology, so Montana is always one of the top destinations for that line of work. Where is Berthoud? I have quite a bit of family and some friends in CO.

Darlene - I have always wanted to see the redwoods and sequoias in California! I imagine that it is probably one of the most precious ecosystems we have.

~Sheena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  9:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Sheena.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  6:19:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheena, sounds like you picked the right place to live. Berthoud is a small town in northern Colorado. Close to Fort Collins. We moved here 20 years ago when I accidentally found it while out house hunting for a friend. We decided it was a good place to raise kids. It is. We have always wanted to see Montana also but haven't ventured that direction yet. How many cats do you have?

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7628 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7628 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  9:54:13 PM  Show Profile
You might be right about that Sheena,
It is beautiful country. I have seen the Giant Sequoias, I was close once but didn't get there.
There are some fantastic parks up here in our Redwoods.
Well take care I am glad you joined the farm.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  07:11:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jody, I have two cats, Bowie and Pedro. They live in Illinois at my parents' house. As much as I would have loved to bring them with me, I know they would have been miserable. They have lived in that house their whole lives, not to mention one is not too fond of our dog!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  08:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Sheena! Glad to have you in the sisterhood. You will love it here. These farmgirls are the "BEST". Montana is a beautiful state. I too am originally from Illinois....but have called Texas home since '92. Again....WELCOME!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  3:30:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mel! What part of Illinois are you from? I hail from the greater Rockford area.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, I was born in Peoria....my grandparents lived in Atlanta....aunts and uncles in Lincoln, Bloomington and McLean and I grew up in Chicago! Never was in Rockford although my Mom said she worked for the WPA in Rockford during WWII. Sewing for the military.

My best to all,
Mel

Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  05:44:55 AM  Show Profile
My best friend lived in Peoria for about 5 years working for Caterpillar, so I have spent my fair share of time down there! My brother is at ISU, so the Bloomington-Normal area is pretty familiar too! And of course, most people from IL are pretty familiar with Chicago...are you a north-sider or a south-sider, if you know what I mean ;)
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  09:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Southsider!! I lived in Hyde Park...in close proximity of the University Of Chicago....and went to grade school across Jackson Park from the Science and Industry Museum.

My best to all,
Mel

Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  2:24:50 PM  Show Profile
Hahaha! Nice! I am a northsider! Your Texas town would suggest some northside alliance however! By the way, the museum of Science and Industry is probably my favorite place ever! I love the historic town that they have with the old fashioned candy store!! Rock candy and licorice!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New farmgirl in Montana Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page