Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 My Bridal Shower Apron Success Story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My Bridal Shower Apron Success Story Next Topic  

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  09:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Well, I made an apron for a lady who will be moving into our community to marry an old friend of ours. I was very nervous about it, since I'd never met her and was worried she wouldn't want something "homemade" from someone she didn't know. But I knew she'd be needing an apron since her U-Haul had been stolen with all of her belongings in it after she'd packed it up to move here and she has absolutely nothing - no clothes, no kitchen wares, no china. Luckily the friend she is marrying has been baching it for some time and has a complete household, but I know it's not the same as having your own things.

I made a black (I know, so city) smock style apron from a semi-sheer cotton gauze and I trimmed it with some ecru vintage lace that another lady in our community gave me since she knows I'm a sewer.

The bridal shower was last night, and it was a big success! I got two orders for aprons just like it before I left the shower (I take in sewing to help us make ends meet). She seemed very touched that I had made a gift for someone I'd never met -- little did she know I just couldn't afford both a shower gift and a wedding present from our tight budget! And she put the apron on right over what she was wearing, it matched her outfit perfectly!

Happy sigh.

Robin

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  09:07:45 AM  Show Profile
That is such a great story Robin!! Sounds like a wonderful apron..and how cool that her outfit matched it!! Who wouldn't love a gift like that??!!
Wonderful that you got more orders too!!
I am dying to know what tziporra means!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  09:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
That is so wonderful, Robin. I know that I am often nervous about giving handmade gifts to certain people and I am glad this turned out for you. Congratulations on the 2 jobs!

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  09:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Robin! How nice that she will have something that reminds her of your kindness when she first came to town. Maybe the two of you will become great friends(sounds like she's our kind of people!)
Great that you got orders too! I'm with Jenny....what the heck does tziporra mean?!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  09:26:22 AM  Show Profile
Tziporra is my Hebrew name -- well, part of it anyway. My full Hebrew name is "Tziporra Simcha" -- it means "Joyful Little Bird". It's a pretty direct translation of my English name: Robin Joy. We're Orthodox Jews.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  10:50:54 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE that...how neat!! Fun to know what it means..what a great screen name to choose!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  5:25:55 PM  Show Profile
I love the apron story. I truly feel that gifts made from the heart are appreciated by the receiver. They can feel your love in them. I think that the soon to be bride will enjoy your company as well as the intention of friendship in your gift.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  08:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for enlightening us Robin! When I read the meaning it just brought a smile to my face, now I will envision you as a joyful little bird as well! Thanks for the info!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  2:15:02 PM  Show Profile
The apron sounds just beautiful and I'm so happy she liked it. Have they found her u-haul yet? When is the big day? Thanks for sharing. Susan
Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  5:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Sadly, the police found her u-haul and the inside had been completely burned out. The thieves took what they wanted, then burnt the rest. Such an incredible tragedy.

They are getting married next Sunday!

Best,

Robin
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My Bridal Shower Apron Success Story Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page