Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Burlap Feed sacks Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  06:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
As I have been unpacking I found a teasure load of vintage burlap feed sacks that I hoarded years ago. But now what to do with them. I must of have project ideas when I got them but for the life of me can not remember. So could anyone give me some suggestion of how to use them in my home or a project to make from them?

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  2:58:44 PM  Show Profile
you can use them around tin can floral arrangements..create a floral arrangement in a tin can..then gather the burlap bag around the tin can and tie with a jute or raffia bow. the tin can will give things a bit more stability.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

Edited by - Tina Michelle on Oct 21 2006 2:59:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  4:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you can use them for rug hooking

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  10:00:57 PM  Show Profile
A coffee shop in town used them as seat covers. Once they are ironed they soften right up. We even used burlap bags from a local coffee roaster as bale covers at our fair in the barn and they worked great. Great idea for lawn furniture. Have fun with them.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  09:44:34 AM  Show Profile
don't know if your home is appropriate for this idea .. has to be 'rustic' .. but i've seen a 'wall' covered in them .. t'was fabulous! i choose some of my most favorites and HANG them as 'art'. my favorite is a GENUINE burlap seed sack that is emblazoned with MARIJUANA and a picture of it being picked from a field!

well, dang .. i was going to post some pics of three of my feedsacks i have hanging in the cabins ... but photobucket won't let me in. will try again later. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Burlap Feed sacks Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page