Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 My son at the Saturday Farmer's Market
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My son at the Saturday Farmer's Market Next Topic  

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  07:44:22 AM  Show Profile
I love taking my boys to the Farmer's Market. They pick out such interesting things and have good ideas!

Yesterday, my 9 year old was with me by himself so I figured it would be a quiet day. Oh my goodness, he proved me wrong with his finds!

Here were his ideas:
Picked a bunch of carrots for glazed carrots

Picked a bunch of beets for roasted beets with goat cheese (forgot to get the goat cheese though)

Picked out 2 sweet potatoes to make sweet potato chips (I'm not even sure where he got that from. We've never made them before, but they do sound yummy)

For snack: Artichoke hummus and chips, white bean salad, fresh asparagus to just munch on.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love it. I just didn't know he had turned into a foodie lately.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  10:30:03 AM  Show Profile
I think you have a future chef on your hands! Everything he suggested sounds delicious and healthy to boot. Enjoy your produce.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  12:21:48 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Dawn! And not only that, but I think his Momma has raised him right!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My son at the Saturday Farmer's Market Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page