Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Clarification Food Modernization Act
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Clarification Food Modernization Act Next Topic  

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  11:50:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Its been awhile since I have heard anything on the Food Modernization Act that was signed. Now, I know few schools allow you to bring home made or home baked goods to events. I guess some community potlucks are still legal. But Farmer's Markets may be monitored in some areas? I am guessing it is illegal now to make homemade baked goods or canned jams, etc. to sell unless you have a business license and a "facility" the health department deems safe to produce in quantities for sale? I have a wonderful salsa recipe that I would love to market but most likely this is no longer a do at home venture???
Thank you for your input. I also post this to make the MJFarmgirl Sisters aware of these impending laws.
Best to you,
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Clarification Food Modernization Act Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page