Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Hubby is heading to El Salvador
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Hubby is heading to El Salvador Next Topic  

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  05:54:56 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited and proud of man! He is going to El Salvador to do a Habitat for Humanity build. Busting at the seams here because his company is paying for his trip as an award for all the work he has done for our local Habitat.

Just praying for his safety and his team's safety. Praying for his experience there, that he is filled with compassion for the people.

He and I have been blessed to have never been apart for more than a couple of days since we met other than a road trip I took with the boys last year. He will be out of communication for a few days.

Thanks, my friends!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  06:28:24 AM  Show Profile
What an adventure! Prayers for his safety are on the way.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  06:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Mission trips are both a very enriching and humbling experience. How blessed he is to have this opportunity that is paid for by his company!

I will pray for his safety, a lot of hard work, and many memories created with all of the wonderful people he will meet. I will also pray for you and your boys that you will have peace of mind while he is gone!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  06:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Wendy, I am excited for both of you, what an experience! ((HUGS)) to both of you =D I and my sweetie have scarcely been very far from one another since '88! I know that it's difficult and that you apprehensive, but I would be proud of him too! I AM proud of him!

Your sisters are here to give you a smile and a squeeze when ever you feel the need for a little encouragement. Working for the people in need, having a humble spirit and a loving heart makes every one the best that they can be. Safe journeys to your hubby and a another big hug for you =}

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  2:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Wendy,
What a wonderful experience! I will pray for safe travels for him and the whole team. What a wonderful thing to do! God Bless him!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  4:37:54 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, I am sending my prayers up for your family and your hubby as he goes to El Salvador, prayers for peace, safety and travel as he does his work down there and prayer for you back at home to have peace of mind. I am proud of him for you also, It makes you feel great knowing there are people like him going out and volunteering like that.
hugsdarlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  07:30:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! We got to talk with him last night via Skype. The world is so much smaller now than it used to be! He was exhausted, but said the country is beautiful...that I would love it. Well, other than the fact that everywhere they go, there seems to be an armed security detail with them.

Today, they have 2 hour or more church service and then head to where they will be staying during the week while they work on the build. He has never been on a trip like this before and we had some amazing conversations before he left about how he feels he's already changing. Yay!

Bob Marley

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  5:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Prayers continuing for him down in El Salvador.
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  05:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Wendy,
That is an awesome opportunity! What a wonderful blessing. I will be adding prayers.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  4:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, your husband will be in my prayers. Keep us posted. That is such a wonderful thing he is doing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  7:07:32 PM  Show Profile
Today he sent me an email telling me about the family that will be moving into the house they are building. This man, who is 21, has been taking care of his mother and 3 younger siblings ages 11, 9 and 6 since his father died a few years ago. He has been approached to join one of the big gangs and he declined. And although only 2% of the population go onto college, he is currently studying law. He's been on the build each day, only leaving for classes. My husband said he is just amazed at the strength of character this young man possesses. He doesn't have an easy life, but he is making it a good life!

Bob Marley

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  7:23:30 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful that this young man is trying so hard in a country who is riddled by gangs and drugs. I am praying for him and his family and for the wonderful work your hubby and his group are doing.
blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Hubby is heading to El Salvador Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page