True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
I thought I would post because this is something I had been trying to figure out for some time. Finally, my primary physician shed some information on it. I would often have deep inner ear pain just as the March winds begin to blow. Then it would trigger a migraine. I knew I had oral allergy syndrome and am allergic to many environmental such as grasses, trees, and other pollens carried on the wind. But I never got itchy throat, running nose and eyes, but instead deep inner ear pain. The same will happen if I eat a food I am allergic to. (I can't help but think of all the small children who complain of an ear ache with no infection who most likely are reacting to a food allergy). But what I didn't know is that the histamine reaction was so strong that my inner ear tubes collapse causing the pain. Now at the slightest twinge in my ear I take my allergy meds (benedryl is the only one that works for me). I have air cleaners and filters running and all the windows closed. Mainly, I am mentioning all of this just in case a sister out there has had an earache lately rather than other allergy symptoms. I had no sinus or ear infections, but just a histamine reaction to the pollens on the winds. Take care now!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  06:00:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing with us Annie. I'm glad you are pain free now!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  12:04:39 AM  Show Profile
yes, this sounds familiar with our son. Jake has from the age of 5 months old cried with horrible ear pain usually only in the months of May & October. Every time we would take him to the dr, there was never an infection, but they said it was probably pressure causing the pain. As he got older & could tell us, the pain always occurred when he would bend over or would lay flat. Also, he is a "sniffer" so if his nose is full, I am always telling him to blow his nose & not sniff because it builds up the pressure in his ears. We became wise over the years & start the Zyrtec & try to head this off before the pain starts.

Beth
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Deep Inner Ear Pain Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page