Next Page
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello Everyone! Next Topic
Page: of 3

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  12:46:34 PM  Show Profile
I'm new to the site and not so great with a computer so hopefully I won't make to many mistakes. Just lookin' for a few farmgirl friends(as I have been a life long one myself). I'm a little lost at this point as I just had to sell all my cows and just not sure what to do with myself but everyone here's so upbeat. It's really quite refreshing. Thank you for that!

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  2:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here and make lots of new friends.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  2:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!! What is your name, and where are you from? I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  4:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you. I'm from the northeast and it's nice to meet you both.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  4:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome. Nice to have you join the MJF forum. Enjoy!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  4:53:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm not even sure if I should respond now but has anyone ever heard how loud an empty barn is? So sorry, maybe not the place to speak of it?
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  8:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Welcome....I can only imagine how loud the barn is... I bet somewhat like and empty nest in the beginning. We are so glad you have found us... Please explore the forum. I am sure you will enjoy yourself. We also can use your ideas, suggestions and experience to help us. Farmgirls Rule...

http://www.settlersparkmarket.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SettlersParkMarket
Nana to 5
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  7:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Will2Farm,
I just re-ignited my love for horses. I am taking lessons and also have leased a horse at a ranch which will help pay for his feed.
I call this my mid-life crisis horse. Maybe I will even buy one eventually.
You could fill your barn with horses maybe?
Terri
# 4720
Hemet CA
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7631 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7631 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  7:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Will2Farm,
Welcome, so glad you joined us. I imagine an empty barn sound very echoee, not fun I think. I agree with the empty nest thought.
What else do you like to do? Crafts, painting? I like crafts and calligraphy and dotee dolls and just like hanging out here with all my favorite people the Farm girls.
you have an awesome night.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  12:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Teri and Darlene. Terri, I laughed about your mid-life crisis horse. I always thought most people goin through mid-life go out and buy a BMW not an appaloosa:) What kind of horse did you lease? And now you can laugh at me(I thank you for your suggestion)on filling the barn with horses, but even after 25 yrs of working with big goofy, sometimes hornery, alot of times kicky and most times on the wrong side of the fence cows, this silly ol' farm girl is scared around horses. Darlene, I love anything agriculture whether it's building fence, fixing a tractor(that most times) I have broken, gardening is a huge part of my life or I guess just being outside. Funny thing is I say all that but my favorite thing to do is to write poetry. Hard to sit still that long but most of the time it rhymes...most of the time. What kind of crafts do you like to do? and since I have had my head buried in a milking parlor for years, could you tell me what a dotee doll is? Thank you, you two. Take Care
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  7:48:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! Where in the NorthEast are you? I am from Long Island, NY.
You will just love it here- there are so many wonderful farmgirls!
I'm sure you will find your new niche and something to keep you busy and make you happy!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  09:34:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi! and thanks. I'm right on the NY/PA border. I'm having alot of fun browsing the forums. Who knew there were so many of us? It's comforting.A funny story about Long Island. Once as I was leaving my farm, I had a huge German Shepard hop into the back of my pick up. He seemed quite comfy so I took him home. He had tags so a few phone calls later I located the owners. Tuerns out he was from a vineyard in Montauk(which I believe) is at the tip of Long Island and about 300 miles away from me. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how he crossed the GWB:) Found out later the family was visiting Ithaca, which still is a hike from me and he got away. Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  1:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jody! I saw your note to me on my welcome page and noticed you are also on the welcome wagon site, so I came here to WELCOME you TOO! :) Two Jody's in the same month! Uhoh! They better look out, eh? Are you born in May ,too? Now that would be funny. I am meeting so many nice people here and I am very glad I took the leap and joined. I have been thinking about it quite a while and finally decided to give it a try. Glad I did. Nice to meet you, Jody. :0)

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  4:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you are going to love it here.
Lots of information ideas and plenty of farm girl friends to make along the way.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  8:32:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jody 2...Welcome to the farm! So glad you're here....enjoy all the wonderful folks and great support!
Mel

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  02:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! You have come to the right place and we are so happy to have you. I know what you mean about the loud barn, but I haven't been the rancher you have been. I know you will enjoy the upbeat gals. They "save" me some days when I am a bit down!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  11:47:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! I'm having so much fun just reading through the forums. Jody, I was born in March but I agree that two Jodys is not an everday occurence. Now for the big question, should I be Jody2, Jody squared or Jody also? Just kiddin, I probably better be Jody-get-off-the-computer-and-get-something-done! Nice to meet all of you.
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  4:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi JodyW2F, I'm sure you can go by whatever your heart desires, but I think there are more than just the two of us on here... I think there may be a Jo or two also. I go by both. Or Cissy. Not to be confused with "a SISSY" cuz I am a Farmgirl Sister after all! Anyway, my brother nicknamed me Seester when we were toddlers,,, and Cissy is the version stuck. So Jody, Jo, Cissy, Hey You,,, no matter to me. :) I'm just glad you are here and I can get to actually know another Jody. Oh, btw -- March is a good month also!

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  7:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Jody2,
Here is a picture of me riding my leased horse, Tanner, in the hills of Murrieta CA. It is a nature reserve so developers will never ruin it.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Terri Jo
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

1 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  10:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello all! I have just signed into the Sisterhood and am looking forward to sharing and caring here on the forum....
I am in the California Foothills just east of Sacramento in Nevada City - a great old gold mining town. Thanks for welcoming me!

Sierra Foothills Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  5:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi there "Will2farm" . . . ??

WELCOME to Farmgirl! I'm sure you'll find lots of friends, lots of ideas, lots of things to share.
I do know how loud an empty barn sounds!
ENJOY it here!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mommajo94
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Jodi
Smartsville California
USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  5:26:28 PM  Show Profile
I just read through the thread and noticed a trend: lots of Jodys! I'm one too--or actually, I'm a Jodi. :-) I live in Smartsville, CA. Just joined a few weeks ago but alas, there is NO INTERNET SERVICE IN SMARTSVILLE! So I have to do my forum chatting whenever I get into town. We have a little bitty ranch in the sticks with two 4H steers, a broody hen and a tiny little garden. Happy to be here! Hoping to make my "wanna-be" ranch into something special!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  8:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Jodi.
Terri
Hemet CA
(Riverside County in SoCal)
Go to Top of Page

lucky1
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Liz
Homer OH
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  08:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Hello Will2Farm, and welcome! So glad you're here and made it past whatever computer stuff to join us. I sorta can relate to the empty barn feeling--we lost all of our chickens right before the holidays to a clever weasel, and have been chicken-less for the first time in 15 years. Can't wait till the new ones arrive and we can be back in the meat n' egg business. We also used to raise Boer goats, and at one time had 40 of them running around, but sold the last of them 3 years ago Empty barn indeed...sure do miss those little ones at kidding time...

Whatever I can do to help, please let me know...again, welcome!

Each one of you is precious. Remember who you are, and whose you are...
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  10:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jodi from Smartsville! Glad to know another Jodi. :)

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  11:31:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone. Terri thanks for the picture. I've never made it to CA(yet) but it sure looks nice and looks as though you have a trusty horse. Liz, I hope your chickens are doing well. My sister had a problem with possums getting her chickens so she set a trap and....caught a chicken!! Aren't the lil ones(goats aka kids) so much fun to watch goofing around during birthing time? Thank you all and please give me strength for they loaded the rest of my equipment today and it will be sold at auction on Thursday.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello Everyone! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page