Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills
 Best beginner solar project books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic Best beginner solar project books Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  3:43:56 PM  Show Profile
I would love to research and learn more about solar anything. My hubby is not interested so I need to find books I can understand and do some experiments. I would love to become more comfortable with solar and how it works. Any book titles would be appreciated.

Edited by - Cozynana on Mar 31 2013 3:44:43 PM

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  5:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Cozynana,

I like you was interested in solar homes. Here is a website that I was sent from a friend. I am a subscriber and have the book. I found the information good. It I feel is a good place to start.

www.diysoloarhomes.com

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  06:23:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the link. Have you completed any projects. Like hot water heater, built any panels, etc? I would love to learn how. Hubby doesn't seem interested, but I am.
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  06:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
No, I just bought the program and videos from Power4Patriots. It has everything from solar panels, wind turbine. solar hot water, solar cooker. The manual looks easy enough to me to understand and build my own. After I paint the house and get the inside in order which I am hoping to complete by the end of May, then I shall be centering all my attention on learning the process and building my own solar system. If you want to check our their website it is:
www.power4patriots.com. I paid $67 for the whole thing and you get downloads immediately while you wait for the hard copies of book and videos. Good luck. I'll let you know as I delve into it what I think along the way.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page
  Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic Best beginner solar project books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page