Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for the kids
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for the kids Next Topic  

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  06:58:46 AM  Show Profile
We have 190 teenagers leaving VERY early on Monday morning to fly to Florida to play at Disney for band, orchestra and choirs. And my Natalie is one of them. I'm praying for safe travels there and back and that they make so many happy memories.
Thank you for the prayers in advance!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  08:58:02 AM  Show Profile
I will join in praying for the 190 teenagers and our dear, sweet Natalie!!!!!! How exciting they must be!!! I know I would be. Natalie will have to come on and tell us all about the event.
Hugs to you and Natalie.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  09:20:40 AM  Show Profile
They are all in my prayers Lori. Natalie will have a wonderful experience. I agee with Marly she will have to post how it went.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  10:04:09 AM  Show Profile
Safe travels for all of the students! What a wonderful experience!
I'm sure they will make some awesome memories!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  4:27:14 PM  Show Profile
You girls are so dear- I'm trying to show her that I'm not going to miss her. They will have such a wonderful time and make so many great memories. We have been working very hard this past year so she could participate with the trip- and worth every effort!
Thank you again friends!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  11:06:46 PM  Show Profile
My prayers will be going up for all the 190 teenagers going to play at Disney. Prayers for Natalie on her travel there to be enjoyable and her memories to be fantastic. I wish them well and a safe trip. Prayer for you too, so that you can be at ease about it.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  07:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Will be keeping all of the kids in my prayers. What a great experience for Nat! And what a year filled with new experiences for her.....her license....this trip! What fun! Share some of her photos when she gets back!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  2:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Lori, praying for your daughter and her friends to have a safe, fun adventure at Disney. It reminds me of when I was in school (we wont say when that was, but my jeans were acid washed!) and we made the same trip with our band. We still talk about it to this day. She's making memories that will last her a lifetime!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  6:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Lori,

Hugs and prayers to all the kids and their parents. I will pray for a safe trip there and for a return safe trip home. Remember, God has them in His safekeeping. I know it will a trip to remember. What an honor.

Sending you some big major hugs!
Love ya,

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  05:09:00 AM  Show Profile
The alarm went off at 3:00am- made a stop to the post office and dropped a couple bills in the mail- stopped at my moms at about 4:10 woke her up so Nat could say goodbye, one more hug &kiss and I Love You to Grandma and then to the school...she just texted me and said they just got to O'Hare....it will be a quiet week at my house. I'm hoping if my knee is strong enough to do some Spring cleaning and stay busy! Will keep everyone updated- thank you again for all the well wishes and prayers for all of these young people, chaperones, and teachers and of course the families that are at home.

Love to you!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Lori
you are feeling better and plan to try to keep busy while Nat is on her trip, be careful and don't over do your knees, they will last you longer that way. I will pray that she has an awesome trip and that you can relax while Spring Clean. Listen to your body.
Take care
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  1:55:41 PM  Show Profile
At 11:58 I received a text from Nat that they landed and were getting off the plane!! I was hoping that maybe she would have sent a pic- but not yet!! Let the good times roll!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for keeping us updated Lori!
What a wonderful experience!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  7:28:09 PM  Show Profile
You're right, Lori, that the message I'd send to Natalie, "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez! Let the good times roll." I can't wait to see pictures.
Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  07:22:46 AM  Show Profile
The trip has been going very good, a little homesickness and wanted to come home on Wednesday because of tornado warnings!! She will be getting home around 8pm on Saturday night!! It has been a very quiet week at my house!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  2:22:07 PM  Show Profile
Awh, sorry Nat got a scare with tornado warnings. Glad she is having fun though, and will be home tomorrow night to share her adventures with you!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile
I am glad Nat and the other kids are having a good time around the tornado warnings. What a lot of memories she will have and the experiences of going.
It must have been sort of nice at home but I am sure you missed the noise and activity you will get back when Nat gets home.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  4:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Well, Nat and all the others are back in Wisconsin- safe and sound and very very very tired!! Has been a lazy day at home with lots of stories!! The Semi-truck will be bringing all of the instruments and suitcases back tomorrow- which means to me lots of laundry tomorrow night when I get home from work! She had a GREAT time and I am so glad so got to go!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  5:51:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh I am glad they are all home again and that they had a good time. Now you can hear all the good stories.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  10:55:11 AM  Show Profile
So happy they are home safe, and have good memories of their trip.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for the kids Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page