crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  2:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh- I dont understand it a football fan and no Poms- that soon will change!! Spring isn't it wonderful! Yeah Blue and Silver!!!

Love you!!

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  3:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
I just saw this! Congratulations! Texas is an awesome state!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  4:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Marly Welcome to Texas, Don't live in the hill country but have family there. It's beautiful there. Enjoy! Good luck with the move. I'm in North East Texas.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  4:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Diane.
Lori, if you ever visit me in Texas or Louisiana or come with me to a Cowboy's NFL game, NO POM-POMS!!!! If you bring them any place around me, you will soon be on your way back home!
Just a small hug to you!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  4:19:45 PM  Show Profile
My Dear Marly...I will take any and all kinds of hugs from you!!

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  4:37:19 PM  Show Profile
I hope all turns out fabulous for you and your family Marly.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrittergrannysLair
www.creamofthecroptrailrides.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  12:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Marly, congratulations on the move and to such a beautiful part of the country! The Texas hill country is just awesome and the Kolaches aren't bad either!! :-) Yum. You will be my neighbor to the south! Yay. :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  4:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Thanks farmgirls! I've never had a kolache. Can't wait to try one now!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  2:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Yaa!!! Marly......welcome to Texas!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  4:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Mel! We are still in the process of moving. Will be in Texas hopefully at the end of this month! Thanks, again, for the warm welcome.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  04:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Marly, congratulations on the new abode. I would love to see some pics as you progress and make it your own. Thanks

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  05:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Marly, congratulations on your move to Texas. I have to admit I'm jealous. We lived in Texas for years, then moved back to our native Indiana last year when my husband retired. It was always in our plans to do so, but he had to drag me kicking and screaming. Love, love, love Texas and I know you will too. We would go down to Fredericksburg almost every spring to see the bluebonnets. Have a wonderful time and post pictures when you get a chance.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  07:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marly,
Congrats on your Anniversary! And on your new place in the Hill Country. :) Anywhere near Fredericksburg? That's my favorite place out of anywhere! I love it down there. I went to a Lavender Farm in the Hill Country one year for my birthday and enjoyed it so much! I'm very happy for you and your hubby. I told my dad and son that if I were ever to move back to Texas, it would be to the Hill Country near Fredericksburg. I can't wait to hear about your new place. I wish you all the best on your move and transition to the new location. ENJOY!!
Hugs,
Jo
Farmgirl Sister #5000

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  08:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you farmgirls! Jody, we are right next door to Fredericksburg. The blue bonnets are blooming now!!! Just so beautiful! Hugs to all.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  11:17:13 AM  Show Profile
Aaaaahhhhhh the bluebonnets! I have many pictures of my sons crawling around in the fields of bluebonnets when they were babies. Great time of year when they are out! Have you been to the seed farm in Fredericksburg when it's in full bloom? If not, you MUST! It's paradise!
Happy packing!
Hugs,
Jo

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  1:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Jody. I have been to the Wildbird Seed Farm in Fredericksburg several times. It is beautiful!!!!
I love the cats hanging around there. Some of them are the fattest cats I've ever seen!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  2:49:55 PM  Show Profile
LOL,,, you mean the tour guides? That we called them. Last time I was in Texas (in the hill country) everywhere we went, we had a kitty follow us around (or guide us around). So now that's what we call them. I'm a cat person, so it seems they find me no matter where I am anyway, but it was a little unusual that trip. Fun!

Jo

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  8:13:06 PM  Show Profile
That is a good name for the cats! I love it.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  10:49:35 PM  Show Profile
Lol.. yea Marly, one greeted us in the parking lot then stayed with us throughout the visit. So cute. And then eveywhere we visited a cat would find me and just become a cling-on... so I figured they had to be tourguides. Love 'em. ;)

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  08:39:51 AM  Show Profile
The last time I was there, one of the cats decided she would drink my bottled water. And- she did!!!!! She loved the cold water. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  4:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marly, It's a great place (and the best tour guides ever!). I try to visit Fredericksburg every time I'm in San Antonio. I've rented some of the of Sunday Houses (B&B's) and have had a glorious time. I used to like to go to the Herb Farm there (before new owners built up and changed it so much) but I still go just to check it out. They have some of the best shops there. I think the best part of the whole area (besides the flowers & herbs) is the history and the old stone Texas houses. They amaze me and make me think of the old school Texas way. Warms my heart. And now I can't wait to go see it again!! I was going to try to get down there this month, but it didn't work out. Hopefully May won't be too hot already and I can try then. Otherwise I will have to wait until fall. You will have to keep us all posted on the progress of your move.
Hugs,
Jo

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  5:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Jody. I'll be keeping updates here. We are still in living in Louisiana. Our move date is the end of April.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  5:15:57 PM  Show Profile
I hope it goes smoothly for ya'll! I will be helping my son and his family move across town the last weekend of April, so I will be thinking of ya. :) Sorry I'm too far from Louisiana to help. :/

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  5:37:16 PM  Show Profile
Jody: Thanks, anyway. Happy move to your son and his family.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  7:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Marly....I am 45 minutes north of San Antonio, also seeds were mailed for you to try once you get here.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Texas! Here We Come!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page