simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 03 2005 :  10:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, my name is Teresa. I live just outside Portland Oregon but grew up in Lewiston Idaho. I found this site quite by accident while looking for more Simplicity resources on the web. I was immediately taken with the site and with the way MaryJane lives her life. I have been on a path of simplicity for only a few months and realize that my goal has somewhat veered into living more intentionally and with less impact on the earth. My 'stuff' is overwhelming me and I know I am not living my 'bliss', honestly I think I do not yet know what my 'bliss' is yet.

A wee little bit about me: I am married with two girls who are 12 and 7. I starting working full time again about 2 1/2 years ago when finances forced me to the workplace after having been home with the kids for 4 years or so. I have hated every job I have had and I realize it's because I am not doing something that fulfills me. That may sound selfish to some but I am sick to death of doing what is 'expected' of me and conforming. I want to live a life that speaks to me, that moves me and right now I am not. There are little things I am doing to remedy that but just taking baby steps at a time.

I think this site speaks to me, the idea of living a life that makes one happy, doing something for the betterment of onesself AND the earth is a big feat indeed but worthy of our time and attention.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone and one day getting back to my 'roots' and heading back for a visit.

Blessings~

Teresa

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  06:43:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello Teresa, glad to have you as a kindred farmgirl. You will love this site. I cant tell you how it's helped me. These women, all of whom never met, give such support to one another. We all "get it" and thats why. If you can , get Maryjanes farm magazine, you'll love it. Look forward to getting to know you. Michele

" She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  07:06:45 AM  Show Profile
A big welcome from WA state, Teresa! I know what you mean about doing fulfilling work. I have been plagued with those feelings too and it took a very long time for me to reconcile them. What I've finally come to terms with is that my job affords me security financially, isn't very brain taxing, and leaves me time and energy on the off hours to pursue those things that do fulfill me. Until, or even if, (or as Iyanla Vanzant would say, "in the meantime"),something more fitting comes along, I have chosen to be at peace about it. I'm open to new possibilities, for sure, but not struggling with the issue anymore. I send you good thoughts to find that balance too.

Take some time and read through the topics... there are tons of ideas and comments and lessons held within. Chime in with your own added thoughts... and don't be afraid to revive a topic that hasn't had any activity in a while!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

Edited by - Clare on May 04 2005 08:19:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  07:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Teresa....welcome!!! I bet you will fit right in here..you sound like one of us already!!!
I am glad you found us!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  10:37:53 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Home Teresa,
I know you will feel at home here. Please share your journey with us.I think in our own way we all are on that same journey and feel overwhelmed at times by the enormity of it all but we also have each found a way to begin the journey and keep going as each new day arrives on our doorstep just begging for movement forward. This site is full of ideas and information on simplifying as well as resources to read and study.
Welcome
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  11:47:34 AM  Show Profile
Teresa -

Welcome! You will be a kindred spirit, I can tell. Living simply is a great blessing and brings power to your life. Things can really own you. Getting rid of unneeded stuff can set you free.
I have been at home for over two years now. I resigned my job, after working at it for five years. The job prior to it was my dream job. I designed needlework patterns (getting paid to play). The next job was at an advertising agency and I spent all my time jumping every time someone said to. I got totally burnt out from having to devote myself to a time consuming job that did not fulfill me at all. I love being home, but might soon have to re-enter the workplace. I know exactly how you feel! I do not want to go back to that situation. I pray that another dream job will come my way, or that I can see my way to being self-employed in some way. That way I can boss myself around!
jpbluesky

O, cease to heed the glamour that blinds your foolish eyes,
Look upward to the glitter of stars in God's clear skies.

from God's Garden by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  12:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Teresa! You will fit right in here. This is a wonderful and strong group who support each other. There is also excellent information and a lively exchange of ideas! A lot of us are searching as yourself, looking for that bliss. That is what is so neat about this place...it can be shelter from the "storm". And sometimes we can find "it"...Glad you're here!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 04 2005 :  10:04:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I have been bouncing around reading a lot of the posts...I was particularly drawn to the reading list posts. I am a closet book hoard. I plan to make a short list of my favorites and post over there.

I am so excited to have found you all! Thanks again!

Teresa

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - May 05 2005 :  05:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Teresa and welcome from the state of Wisconsin...

I like you, found this site and simply, fell in love with the simplicity and the wonderful gals that are in this group... people have a tendency to forget the "real" things in life.. the wonderful smells of a warm, fresh baked loaf of bread to the laughter of children or the warm summer rain that tingles in your nose. I think this group brings us all back to the simple things of life.

I am very happy to meet you and hope you enjoy your journey :)

Julie

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  05:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Teresa! You'll love it here, these are a great bunch of farm girls!! They've always made me feel welcome.

Call me old fashioned.
Go to Top of Page

pnwchica
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Suzy
WA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 07 2005 :  08:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Send pnwchica an AOL message
Welcome Teresa! What a wonderful place you've found. I've made friends, know that I have a place to come where others have similar values and goals for life.

Welcome from Washington STate! I get to Lewiston alot as my beau has a feedlot there!

Bless,
Suzy

Looking for new beef recipes, frugal & gardening tips, farmhouse remodeling & ez home recipes.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  3:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcoma Teresa! You have found a home here. I too am a book-aholic! I probably have enough unread books here to last me the rest of my life! lol!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic A Hello From Oregon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page