Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hoping to have found a haven.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hoping to have found a haven. Next Topic  

breederdreamer
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Amanda
Palomino Valley NV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2005 :  7:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see breederdreamer's MSN Messenger address  Send breederdreamer a Yahoo! Message
Hi, my name is Amanda. I truly hope I have found a haven in this site that I have yet to find elsewhere. I have been greeted with nothing but distain from other websites and groups. I once answered a question asking-as a matter of opinion-whether a foaling attendant should be in the stall with the mare after her water breaks. I suppose my mistake was that my opinion is yes, an attendant should. Apparently a few of the regulars at the site disagreed with me. They just went off on me, like I was some horrifically dangerous horse owner who aught to be shot on the spot. One woman even sent me a very rude message disguised as "I'm just trying to help" warning me of the "way things are" and how I should allow the "regulars" to answer before I do, as to know the correct things to say. The personalities in these sort of sites are that of onrey and distain that I just can not bring myself to believe sometimes. Many matters in the horse world are, in fact, a matter of opinion. I have never taken so much heat for having my own opinion then when I simply look for a group of fellow horse lovers to join. I hope I don’t find the same sort of reception here.
Enough of the gritty stuff. I would like to introduce myself. I currently live in Palomino Valley, Nevada just miles from the LMB's holding facility for wild horses. I enjoy all aspects of horse ownership, and am currently building pens to contain adopted mustangs who are older then 10 years, been offered more then three times, and facing being sold for meat. I have big dreams for myself though, I plan to own a breeding farm of the Thoroughbred nature, but what farm girl doesn't dream of such things?
I look forward to meeting everyone here! -Amanda

Someday I will wake to find hundreds of acres full of pregnant plump mares, giddy yearlings, and testy stallions. Someday.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2005 :  7:50:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amanda...I think you will fit in just right here...and I don't think any of us are going to get onery with ya!!
By the way...I have to be at all my animal's births....I would feel so bad if I missed it and she needed help..sheep, goat, horse or whatever! I don't get any sleep during baby season!!
That is wonderful that you want to get the older mustangs...I would love that if I had the space. My wonderful horse, Mick had to be left in CAlif with a great friend when we moved here..he was too old to move to a totally different place...but what a great friend he was. Someday I hope to have a horse again..but it won't be for awhile I guess. I will have to settle for my sheep and goats and chickens and rabbits, dogs, cats and kids.
anway...welcome to the family!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

breederdreamer
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Amanda
Palomino Valley NV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2005 :  8:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see breederdreamer's MSN Messenger address  Send breederdreamer a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much for the warm welcoming Jenny. I can relate to your story about your horse, I remember leaving my older horse with my grandmother in CA when I moved to NV. My dad grew up with his mother, so it was a very big deal. He passed away a few years ago and my grandmother now has two donkey's in his place. I must admit, they're a load of fun to visit. I hope you get a new equine friend someday.-Amanda

Someday I will wake to find hundreds of acres full of pregnant plump mares, giddy yearlings, and testy stallions. Someday.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2005 :  8:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome Amanda! You will fit in here for sure! Your "dreams" sound wonderful and we are a big dreamin bunch here... The people who post here are very warm and supportive and friendly. There is a lot of knowledge here too and great stories and ideas. I love horses too! We had a pony a few years ago but sadly lost her and the new foal in birthing. I admire those who are trying to save and protect out country's treasure the Mustang... Would love to hear more from you on this subject and your life in Nevada! Chime in anytime! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2005 :  9:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amanda, Welcome! I am also new to the site but love it! I am so glad you are helping the mustangs they truly need all the help they can get...I too love my horses. And there is nothing wrong with being with your mare, I could tell you stories, anyhow welcome and keep helping the horses hope to get to know you and may all your dreams come true
Go to Top of Page

breederdreamer
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Amanda
Palomino Valley NV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2005 :  08:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see breederdreamer's MSN Messenger address  Send breederdreamer a Yahoo! Message
How wonderful, more warm welcomes. I'm glad I found this place. Nevada is wonderful, I live about 20 miles from Sparks and Reno, but believe me it's nothing like a city here. It's all rolling hills and flat planes. I moved to Palomino Valley because of the wild horses. Afterall, what better place for a horse dreamer to live then near a wild horse holding facility? The land behind mine isn't owned, so a local wild herd often inhabits it. That's a treat everyime they come through. I remeber the stallion of the herd coming about 10 feet from my window, walking by as if I weren't there, the day I braught my son home from the hospital. -Amanda

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2005 :  4:11:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amanda! Everyone here is very supportive and warm. We all like to chat and exchange ideas. If it weren't for different people and different ideas the world would be boring place, I think! I think we all enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences, I know I do!!!! I've learned so much from everyone here. I hope you'll stay!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2005 :  6:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amanda I am from Texas and live in the cutting horse capital of the state. I am so glad that you are saving the mustangs. A woman in my area just adopted about 5 mustangs. If I can ever afford to fence my land, I would like to rescue the "nonadoptables" also.

Keep up the good work. We are a kind and supportive group, and I know that you will enjoy being one of us.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

breederdreamer
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Amanda
Palomino Valley NV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2005 :  7:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see breederdreamer's MSN Messenger address  Send breederdreamer a Yahoo! Message
I'm enjoying the more and more welcomes. I'm also really glad to hear how many people are interested in the mustangs. Even if you cannot afford to adopt them just yet, the "well to do" attitude is just awsome to see. Many people don't always understand why they are captured and offered for adoption and more oer, what is at stake if they are not. So, these people waste their energy being angry when it should be spent on helping. I'm glad I'm not having to debate more people to try to explain that people like me are only out to help a problem that the human race helped cause. I hope you are all able to adopt someday. They truely are the all around horse. Fast, strong, hearty, intelligent, and when you've earned it, trusting.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2005 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome Amanda! I recently read an article about two women in Nevada who are doing what you would like to do with wild horse sanctuary. Perhaps you'll find inspiration reading through their website: http://www.wildhorsespirit.org/
Keep dreamin' and take action when appropriate! Glad you found us.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2005 :  6:29:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amanda! I don't know the first thing about Mustangs but I look forward to reading about them in your adventures! Horses is what brought dh and I together. We had several when we first got married. We haven't had a horse on the farm in years but I know dh dreams of it again, someday. Farmgirls don't come ornery.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hoping to have found a haven. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page